White sauce cheesy chicken casserole. Comforting Chicken Noodle Casserole with a simple homemade white sauce, cheese, chicken and egg noodles. My family loves this creamy, cheesy, easy recipe! This kid-friendly dinner is a win for the whole family!
At the same time, my eldest. The Best White Sauce Casserole Chicken Recipes on Yummly White sauce, sometimes known as cream sauce, or, in French cooking, Bechamel, is considered a "mother sauce" – a basic sauce that can be varied to make many others. You can cook White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- You need of For the gravy:.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- You need of For the chicken:.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- It’s 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- You need 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Season it with herbs or spices, use broth for part of the liquid, pour a thin sauce over vegetables, use a thick one to bind the same vegetables into patties. Our rendition of Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole features layers of creamy white cheeses, Alfredo sauce, chicken and spinach. It's a throw-together comfort food casserole that's a delicious twist on traditional spaghetti. Cheesy Chicken Casserole is the perfect easy casserole when you're short on time (or ingredients)!
White sauce cheesy chicken casserole instructions
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9×13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is topped with even more cheese and baked until melty and bubbly. In France, this white sauce recipe is one of the five basic sauces called "meres" or "mother sauces," the basis of all other sauces. White sauce for fish and white sauce for chicken are classic preparations, but you also can find all sorts of creative ways to make this basic white sauce a regular part of special occasion meals, or as a brilliant way to bring new life to ho-hum leftovers. This chicken and dressing casserole is perfect for when you have leftovers from a big holiday meal or a weekend gathering.