Burdock Root Chicken Rolls. Burdock root is a vegetable that's native to northern Asia and Europe. Burdock root has been used for centuries in holistic medicine to treat a variety of different conditions. Traditionally, it's been most commonly used as a diuretic and a digestive aid.
Well, after my fried chicken recipe, Passionate Eater requested a salad or shake. I'm assuming she wanted something healthy, so I'll do you one better. The unremarkable-looking gobo root (Japanese burdock) is reputed to help lower your cholestrol, clear toxins from your system. You can cook Burdock Root Chicken Rolls using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Burdock Root Chicken Rolls
- Prepare 2 of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of Burdock root.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ●Mirin.
- It’s of Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water.
The most tedious part is that you have to julienne both gobo (burdock root) and carrot, and if you are not used to chopping veggies, it might be challenging (but of course you don't have to be so precise). Kinpira means a cooking style that you stir fry and simmer with sugar and soy sauce. Pictured here is burdock, a slender, brown-skinned root vegetable that grows to more than two feet in length. In markets and restaurants, pickled burdock root With a pleasantly crunchy texture, burdock has a sweet flavor that's similar to lotus root, though its taste is distinctive enough to make it worth the.
Burdock Root Chicken Rolls instructions
- The burdock root in the picture on the right side will be used in the rolls, so they've been cut into match sticks. The ones on the left are for the flavoring and garnish so they can be used as-is..
- Cook the finely cut burdock root in a frying pan with oil. Once they've soaked in the oil add the ● flavor ingredients. Transfer to a plate and let cool..
- Open the chicken to an even thickness and line up the burdock root from the previous step. See Helpful Hints for more info..
- Roll them up, and fix the ends with kitchen twine or toothpicks..
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chicken with the seams facing down until golden brown. Also cook the burdock root together with the chicken rolls..
- Add the sweet and sour sauce ingredients, close with a lid and steam cook to allow the flavors to soak in..
- Cut the chicken into slices, transfer to a plate and serve..
Burdock root also has a unique texture, crisp and chewy, that we find quite satisfying. Most of the root's flavor is found in the skin, so clean the burdock by rinsing it in the sink while scraping away any dirt with the back of a knife. Once cut, it will begin to discolor, but you can stop the browning by putting. Burdock has been an important botanical in Western folk herbalism and traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, primarily valued for its cleansing and skin smoothing properties. Gobo is hard and looks like a tree root, but it gets quite soft when cooked and then it has a mild but distinct flavor.