Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani.
You can have Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
- It’s of Biryani.
- You need 750 grams of Rice.
- It’s 1 kg of Whole chicken cut into pieces.
- It’s 10 grams of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 5 grams of Peppercorns.
- It’s 5 grams of Green Cardamom.
- You need 5 grams of Cloves.
- You need 5 grams of Cinnmamon sticks.
- It’s 5 grams of Mace.
- Prepare 3 each of Green Chillies.
- You need 250 grams of Yoghurt.
- It’s 25 grams of Coriander chopped.
- It’s 25 grams of Mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chilli pwd.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric pwd.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger – Garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Saffron.
- It’s 25 ml of Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Clarified butter.
- Prepare 1 kg of Onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Cashewnuts.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Oil.
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani instructions
- Wash and drain the rice. Cook with draining method till al-dente stage. Add a little oil so it does not get sticky..
- Grind together all the whole spices and green chillies together! Make a coarse mixture of it..
- Add to the chicken the ground mixture, yoghurt, ginger – garlic paste, coriander, mint leaves, red chilli pwd, turmeric pwd and salt. Make a marinade and keep in d refrigerator for around 1hr..
- Till it gets marinated properly, thinly slice d onions and deep fry them till they become crispy. Also fry the cashewnuts and keep aside..
- Now take a big flat bottom vessel enough to cover the marinade as well as the rice. Add all the remaining oil, add the chicken marinade and half of the fried onion, mix till oil starts separating. Then add all the rice over it..
- Make a mixture of saffron and milk and pour over it evenly. Atlast add all the clarified butter, fried onions and cashewnuts on the top. Cover it with a lid putting some weight on it. Keep it on slow flame for around 1hr..
- When done add a little chopped coriander and serve hot.:-).