BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker. Yet the result is a big batch of shredded chicken that is still so. The slow cooker leaves the chicken so tender that it is transformed into thin shreds in well under a minute. The sauce stays in the slow cooker, so you don't have to worry about lots of splattering, but I still like to use the splash guard just in case.
This video shows you how to make shredded BBQ chicken in your slow cooker. Simply place chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with a simple homemade BBQ sauce. Shred chicken and stir well to coat with BBQ sauce. You can cook BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need dash of hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of water.
Notes. ¹As per food safety guidelines, frozen chicken breast should be thawed before being cooked in a slow Kitchen Tips: Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. Previous Post Brownie Cookies (with Video!) Next Post Blueberry Cake. This Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken is made with a healthy a delicious BBQ sauce that's finger-licking good. This classic Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is great for any recipe that requires shredded chicken including chicken noodle soup, tacos or enchiladas.
BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except for the cornstarch and water) to make your BBQ sauce. Taste and adjust it to your liking..
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Spread about 1/4 of the BBQ sauce over the bottom..
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR cook on low for 6-7 hours..
- Once chicken is ready, it should be falling apart. Remove from the slow cooker and set on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir it into the liquid in the slow cooker..
- Using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken, then return the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for another 30 or so minutes..
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Slow cooked, shredded chicken in a tangy homemade barbecue-style sauce. Perfect for sandwiches, tacos and more! Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place in a lightly greased slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. This Slow Cooker BBQ pulled chicken is perfect for days when you're too busy to prep but want something delicious and low carb for dinner.