Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole. This recipe is not your grandma's tuna casserole. In fact, we got rid of the tuna and the noodles. In place of tuna, you'll find garbanzo beans.
Now I make this delicious casserole for my own family, and. This tuna noodle casserole is the best… it's my mom and grandma's recipe! A creamy, cheesy sauce coats egg noodles, dotted with green peas and flake tuna, topped with melty cheesy and buttery breadcrumbs. You can cook Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Prepare 12 oz. of extra wide egg noodles.
- You need 2 cans (4 oz) of ea.) tuna; drained.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of seasonings of choice:.
- You need of parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s of Topping:.
- You need 8 oz. of pkg. shredded Italian cheese blend.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter, cut into pats.
This classic recipe is rich and creamy, made from scratch but so quick and easy to. This one of my Grandma Julie's dishes! This classic tuna noodle casserole recipe combines tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and cheddar cheese to make a creamy comforting casserole with a crunchy crumb topping. What does that phrase mean to you?
Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package instructions..
- In a large bowl combine soups, sour cream, tuna and seasonings..
- Stir in the cooked and drained egg noodles..
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9×13 baking dish..
- Top with cheese, bread crumbs and butter..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Drain tin of tuna, mash any large chunks and add to chicken noodle soup. Melt butter, stir in flour to form a paste. A little at a time, add milk to make a white sauce. This is an easy tuna noodle casserole recipe made with condensed soup, cheddar cheese, tuna, peas, and cooked noodles. A classic American dish, tuna noodle casserole is a favorite family meal.