Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl. Mirin is a rice wine low in alcohol, and most of it cooks off in this recipe. For a nonalcoholic substitute, use a mixture of equal parts rice vinegar and sugar. Mirin is a rice wine low in alcohol, and most of it cooks off in this recipe.
Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized sogi-giri slices. Sweet and irresistible chicken and scallion skewers (yakitori negima). They stay juicy and more flavorful compared to breasts. You can cook Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast (thigh also OK).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Katakuriko.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Sake.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s of Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelette).
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
As you know, sake and Chinese rice wine taste different, and alcohol should be gone, but the sauce might taste slightly. Chicken breast's tendency to dry out has given it a bad reputation. But cooked properly, it can be juicy and flavorful. Here's how to treat it right.
Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl step by step
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, add to a bowl and massage in the ☆ ingredients. Set aside. Refrigerate to allow the flavor to marinade..
- Make the kinshi tamago..
- Cook the chicken, 4 to 5 minutes on one side..
- Turn over, cover with a lid, and steam-cook..
- Mix in the ★ ingredients and combine..
- Once it looks like this, it's complete..
- In a bowl with rice add plenty of the kinshi tamago and top with the meat and it's finished. It's also delicious topped with some sansho pepper..
Japanese rice bowls are the easiest way to get dinner on the table, especially on a weeknight. Here, we add crispy seared chicken that gets much of its color. Chicken breasts might be considered plain or trite to have for dinner, but when they are stuffed with delicious wild rice, then suddenly, it tastes like a brand new meal. In a mixing bowl, combine the white rice, tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, and basil. Toss all of the ingredients until well blended.