Chicken Ratatouille with Rice. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie – This deconstructed slow cooker chicken pot pie is super easy to prepare, with bold, hearty flavor. This is a review of a "Rijst Ratatouille Met Kip" (Rice Ratatouille with Chicken) entree from a Dutch military ration. Roasted chicken and ratatouille is simplicity on a plate: the flavors of summer in perfect balance.
A simple and quick chicken ratatouille recipe that's perfect for the fall! This makes it a complete meal and adds more protein for added nutritional value compared to other ratatouille recipes. This can also be served with brown or jasmine rice to make the dish a little heartier. You can cook Chicken Ratatouille with Rice using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Ratatouille with Rice
- It’s 1 ounce of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of of a onion – ½ inch dice.
- You need 1/2 of of a green bell pepper — ½ inch dice.
- You need 1/2 of of a red bell pepper — ½ inch dice.
- It’s 4 of small white mushrooms — sliced.
- It’s 1/2 half of a small yellow squash — ½ inch dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a zucchini — ½ inch dice.
- You need 4 ounces of cherry tomatoes – cut into quarters.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced tomatoes with juice.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s of Chicken.
- It’s 5 of boneless skinless thighs.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
We gave this classic Provençal dish a taste of summer by grilling the vegetables traditionally used in ratatouille (bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, tomato). A simple steak or seared fish, along with rice, makes this a hands-down winner for a quick, nutritious dinner Top a bowl of fresh ratatouille with grilled chicken tenderloins for an easy, wholesome meal full of protein. This Ratatouille Chicken Bowls recipe is created by layering ratatouille and chicken strips over rice. It is seasoned with Garlic and Basil salad dressing.
Chicken Ratatouille with Rice instructions
- Chicken needs to be trimmed of excess fat, coated with oil, and seasoned..
- Place on a baking pan and baked for about 25 minutes. Until it reached 165 degrees internal temperature..
- Dice up the cooked chicken into bite size pieces..
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent. in a large sauce pan.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms,cherry tomatoes and squash and saute until tender, approximately 5 minutes..
- Add seasonings stock,diced tomatoes in juice and tomato sauce and cooked chicken then simmer for 15 minutes..
- Adjust seasonings as needed..
- Add 2 cups of stock to 1 cup of rice cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes fluff with a fork..
Chicken with Ratatouille is the perfect one-dish dinner when the garden is in full swing due to the variety of fresh vegetables that can be used. Feel free to substitute whatever is overflowing in your garden or at the market for the vegetables in the ratatouille. I love how versatile ratatouille is. It tastes good both cold and warm. You can serve it over rice or quinoa for a filling vegetarian meal, or alongside chicken, meat or fish for a flavorful, light side.