Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken). Nasi Lemak (pronounced nah see luh mak). Fragrant coconut rice. and I meant nothing tops this level of fragrance. It is served with an out of this world A heartier version of nasi lemak would include a protein such as beef or chicken rendang, spicy tomato chicken (ayam masak merah), fried chicken.
Malaysia is known for its nasi lemak, among other delicious meals. Coconut rice with spicy sweet sambal and spiced fried chicken, together with. Lemak = Cream, in culinary terms, it refers to coconut milk or a dish that has been cooked with coconut milk. You can cook Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken) using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken)
- You need of Coconut milk rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of Basmathi/White rice.
- It’s 5 cups of Coconut milk.
- Prepare leaf of Pandan.
- Prepare slices of Ginger.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Chicken gravy (Sambal).
- It’s pieces of Chicken.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Dried chili.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Tomato.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil (for frying).
- Prepare of Fried Chicken.
- Prepare of Garlic & Ginger paste.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Chili powder.
- It’s of Corriender powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil (for frying).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Anchovy.
- It’s of Cucumber.
Because my kids asked why isn't it Nasi Kelapa, which of course, stumped me, and I replied, well, it just is! Nasi Lemak Recipe, Coconut Milk Rice, 椰浆饭. Nasi lemak is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and screw pine leaves. It is commonly found in countries like Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice, chicken gravy and fried chicken) instructions
- Add coconut milk,sliced ginger,pandan leaf and salt to rice. Mix well. Let it cook in electric cooker.
- Mix cooked rice slowly.
- Blend garlic,ginger and dried chili into smooth paste.
- Mix turmeric and salt with chicken pieces. Deep Fry.
- Keep aside fried chicken pieces.
- Stir fry onion and tomato, add blended chili paste.
- Let the gravy cook until oil breaks. Add fried chicken pieces. Stir and mix. Let it cook until gravy thickens.
- For fried chicken mix all ingredients and deep fry.
- Boil eggs.
- Slice cucumber into thin slices.
- Fry anchovies.
- Serve all cooked dishes in one plate as a set of meal.
It is one of the most popular dish for the Malay-type breakfast and is a great party dish. A truly remarkable Nasi Lemak (Coconut Milk Rice). Rice cooker method Place rice, coconut milk and water into a rice cooker. Add ginger, knotted pandan leaf and salt and cook until done. Make this super easy and aromatic Malaysian / Singaporean style nasi lemak using rice cooker or on the stove and serve it with the best homemade sambal nasi lemak.