Tomato-Feta Chicken w/ Orzo. When ready, turn off the heat and add in the red pepper flakes, capers, Kalamata olives, feta, and basil. Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in spinach and pine nuts while still warm.
When orzo is cool, transfer to a medium bowl and mix in olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, and tomato. Mix tomatoes, feta, basil, and green onions into orzo. Melt butter in the pot while still hot and combine with feta. You can have Tomato-Feta Chicken w/ Orzo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato-Feta Chicken w/ Orzo
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped (~1 cup).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilatnro or parsely, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 28 oz of stewed, sliced tomatoes (undrained).
- It’s 3/4 lb of orzo pasta.
- It’s 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbles.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine or cooking sherry.
Add cooked pasta to feta butter and toss with parsley and tomatoes, season with a little pepper. All Reviews for Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo. Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make this tomato chicken orzo soup and don't get cold this winter!
Tomato-Feta Chicken w/ Orzo step by step
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until done, then remove from pan..
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook orzo according to package instructions. Cover cooked pasta to keep warm..
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet, and cook onions until starting to brown, ~ 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, ~ 30 seconds more..
- Stir in wine, tomatoes, pepper, herbs and cooked chicken. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, COVER and simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to meld..
- Serve over hot pasta, and sprinkle with feta..
Although our all time favorite is Orzo Soup with Tomato Sauce, I love to try new soup recipes. Chicken soup is mostly associated with treatment for cold and it really works, you start to feel better right after you have some chicken soup. It's a traditional Mediterranean recipe made in your pressure cooker! Perfectly cooked Tomato and Shrimp Orzo is just bursting with juicy goodness and is so easy to cook when using your Instant Pot. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially, and boil until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.