Baked chicken egg rolls. These baked chicken egg rolls are so easy to make! Wonton wrappers are stuffed with shredded chicken, and tons of cheese and baked to a crispy perfection! Things are finally starting to feel settled here in Philly.
These baked chicken egg rolls are loaded with lean chicken and fresh veggies without all the grease. If you have never made homemade egg rolls, then this is the time to do it. They are beyond easy and like a million times healthier than the deep fried ones you get in a restaurant. You can have Baked chicken egg rolls using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked chicken egg rolls
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- It’s 1 cups of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 cups of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts/ chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 12 of egg rolls.
- Prepare 2 tbs of green onions / sliced.
- Prepare 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
I made over this healthy version using lean chicken and fresh vegetables. Baking the egg rolls instead of frying them saves even more calories and these don't disappoint! Egg rolls are usually deep fried, which really increases the calorie and fat counts. Be sure to use spring roll wrappers, which are thinner than egg roll wrappers; they will be crisp even though baked.
Baked chicken egg rolls instructions
- Prepare veggies. Carrots, ginger, cabbage, chestnuts green onions, prepare chicken, wash and cut them, in very hot wok add 1/2 spoon oil add chicken cook very quickly set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over m. Heat. Add cabbage, sprouts, carrots, chestnuts and ginger, cook stirring frequently for 5 mins. Add oil if necessary. Until they are wilt but still crispy. Mix corn starch with water and mix thoroughly. Add starch mixture with sauce and green onions to the pan. Add cooked chicken chicken, Cook extra 2 minutes. Until sauce thickens.
- After sauce cooled to handle, place two tbsp. Mixture on the center of the egg roll wrap..
- Fold the bottom up over the filling, next fold the two sides over..
- Roll it, prepare the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the roiled up egg rolls on a baking sheet. After spray the top of each egg roll with cooking spray. Cook 8/10 minutes.
- Until they are golden brown..
- Serve them with your favorite sauce..
Chicken Egg Rolls are delicious for a snack or a main dish! They can be baked or fried, but either way they will leave you wanting more! If you love egg rolls you will love this recipe! My mom (who is the best mom ever in the history of all moms) loves Chinese Food!! So when I shared these with her and.