Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken. Seal using the water displacement method. When cooked over high heat the outside of the chicken can also get very stiff and dry before the middle has a chance to cook all the way through. The sous vide barbecued chicken is super tender, and perfect for pulling and piling on an egg bun with coleslaw.
Deze rub is fantastisch voor vlees voor op de barbecue. Wij gebruiken hem ook voor sous vide spare ribs of pulled pork die we vervolgens grillen in de oven. Cooked in the sous vide and then finished in the pan smothered with homemade BBQ sauce. You can have Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken
- It’s 3 TBSP of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need 3 TBSP of Paprika.
- You need 1 TBSP of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 TBSP of Thyme.
- Prepare 1.5 TSP of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 TSP of Cumin.
- It’s 0.75 TSP of Cayenne.
- You need 1 LBS of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
- You need of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (For Topping).
Sous vide cooking, once the preserve of restaurants and chefs with exorbitantly expensive equipment, has been in the reach of the keen home cook for a few years now. Instead of searing the BBQ sauce on the chicken during grilling, I marinate it, cook it in the sous vide bath with the marinade, and then finish it on the grill dry Then I pour the BBQ sauce over the finished chicken breast, or have it on the side as a dip. You don't waste a bunch of sauce through the grill. Yay for chicken dry rub ingredients you can pronounce!
Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken instructions
- Preheat sous vide to 149 degrees Fahrenheit and set timer for 55 minutes..
- Gently tenderize and then butterfly the chicken breast..
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, thyme, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne thoroughly in a bowl..
- Rub mixture into chicken..
- Place chicken into a heavy bag and seal the bag removing any air. You can use a vacuum sealer but I prefer to use Ziploc freezer bags and the water immersion method..
- Once the water bath is ready, submerge the bags and clip then to the side. Cook for 55 minutes..
- Remove from water bath and bags..
- Heat up a touch of olive oil in a pan on the stove and place the chicken in for two minutes on each side for a crispy exterior..
- Remove from pan, plate and top with a touch of your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!.
And yay for ingredients you likely have on hand already! Enter the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. If you are tired of undercooked pork, over cooked steaks, frozen chicken, and overdone eggs, this is the While the cook times under sous vide are longer, the results and preplanning are by far worth your efforts. Take this incredible BBQ Dry Rub Ribs recipe. Any dry rub will work, but the dry rub ingredients that I use consist of Smoked Paprika, Kosher Salt, Dark Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, Dark Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Ground Black Pepper.