Salt and Chilli Chicken. The salt and chilli finish can be applied to various different dishes, from ribs and chicken wings to chips, mini spring rolls and even pizza crunch. My personal favourite and arguably the original and best is chicken breast, deep fried in potato flour until crispy and then flash fried with the vegetables and. This Salt and Chilli Chicken is a quick and easy dinner packed with flavour thanks to the six different spices used to create a totally mooreish make at home Chinese favourite.
A take out favourite, salt and chilli chicken hits the spot everytime! Dredge the chicken pieces in the spiced flour and shake off any excess. Set aside on a clean plate. You can cook Salt and Chilli Chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salt and Chilli Chicken
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (cut into strips).
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 100 g of cornflour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 2-4 of small chillis.
- It’s Bunch of chopped scallions.
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2-3 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of pepper p/p.
- You need 1/4 of onion p/p.
- It’s Bunch of fresh coriander.
- It’s Bunch of fresh parsley.
Sprinkle over the salt and chilli powder and give the whole pan a toss. You'll smother crispy chicken in a sweet and spicy sauce, then add a side of salt and pepper chips to serve. Crispy chicken wings garnished with chilli and garlic served with beansprout, spring onion and noodle chow mein. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, curry powder, five spice, salt and pepper.
Salt and Chilli Chicken step by step
- Mix egg whites with soy sauce,garlic salt, chilli powder and salt. Add chicken strips and marinade in fridge for 30 mins..
- Mix flour, cornflour and baking powder then coat 5-6 strips at a time and lay on tray..
- Once all strips are coated, deep fry them in batches in hot oil at 180 degrees until golden brown (just few minutes). Then place on a tray..
- Heat pan and add sesame oil. Quickly sauté julienne of onion and pepper along with garlic, chilli and chopped scallions. Add few drops of soy sauce and season with salt and pepper..
- Pan fry chicken strips for few seconds with fresh coriander and fresh parsley..
- Serve on its own or with egg fried rice or chips or noodles..
Mix well then add the chicken wings. In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the noodle dressing and. youll need: Chicken Wings Salt (rock and table) Chilli flakes. put a twist of rock salt on each wing, then add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to each bit, add as much as you like to be honest. these chilli flakes arnt too hot unless you get a proper mouthful, if you want it hotter use some chilli powder, or use. Sprinkle cornflour, plain flour if using and salt on the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into thin strips then coat in the egg wash and flour.