Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice.
Sub with any clear vinegar, including rice wine, apple cider. Philippine adobo (from Spanish adobar: "marinade," "sauce" or "seasoning") is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood. Adobo Chicken is a classic Filipino recipe cooked in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and peppercorns that makes the most delicious braised chicken ever. You can cook Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
- You need of Chicken and marinade.
- It’s 1.5 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- You need of For cooking.
- It’s 2 tbs. of Canola oil.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of whole black pepper.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s 2 of green onions, sliced.
White Vinegar – I have tested this adobo recipe with rice vinegar, cane vinegar, apple cider vinegar and white wine vinegar and the classic version. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chickenrecipe that is well loved by many people. It's an authentic adobo recipe and yields delicious and amazing results. The seasonings consist of soy This meal is best served with steamed rice.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice instructions
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself – it will thicken much quicker – then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the. Chicken Adobo with Rice in the Pressure Cooker! The sauce for this chicken adobo is made from a handful of pantry staples you probably have on hand: onion, garlic, white vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves, and a little bit of sugar. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine. It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple Serve with rice.