Chicken and Rice with Mushroom Sauce. A quick and easy one pan dinner with the rice cooked in the same pot! Directions for: Chicken and Rice with Mushroom Cream Sauce. Meanwhile, prepare the UNCLE BEN'S® NATURAL SELECT® Roast Chicken Rice without the butter.
Creamy chicken has become my ultimate weeknight dinner served over rice. I have been eating this mushroom soup chicken and rice casserole for as long as I can remember. This recipe has chicken pieces of your choice that If you use chicken breasts, make sure that you cover them with sauce and rice if you can to keep them from drying out. You can cook Chicken and Rice with Mushroom Sauce using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Rice with Mushroom Sauce
- It’s 2 of large pieces of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s of Cracked black pepper and Himalayan Pink salt – as desired.
- You need 1 clove of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of Campbell’s Mushroom Soup.
- You need 3/4 cup of 1% or 2% Milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of Long Grain Rice.
Use only the rice I specify. Fried chicken served with a mushroom cream sauce. Easy to make, filling, and delicious. You can serve it with rice, or if you put it over egg noodles, you have something resembling a chicken stroganoff.
Chicken and Rice with Mushroom Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice mushrooms and chop garlic..
- Cut 2 large pieces of boneless chicken breasts into 4; by cutting each piece of chicken in half. Crack some salt and black pepper on each side of chicken breast. Place in an oven safe dish..
- Pour Mushroom soup and 3/4 can of milk into a dish to whisk milk and soup together. You should have at least 2 cups of mushroom mixture..
- Pour Mushroom soup mixture over chicken. Use thongs to flip chicken to ensure chicken is evenly coated. Cover dish with foil and place in oven for 15 minutes..
- Add sliced Mushrooms and Garlic half way though cooking time. Mix and place back in oven covered with foil for another 15 mins..
- Uncover dish and place in oven for another 15 mins. At this time, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees for the last 15 mins. You will start to see sauce bubble and thicken. Serve with rice – pour Mushroom sauce over rice and chicken for added flavour..
- Optional but recommend – sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top!.
Years ago, when my mother was a young housewife with a husband and six rambunctious. In large non-stick frying pan, mix all spices in together with cream of mushroom soup and beer. Make rice to serve with the mushroom sauce. Pan-fry chicken and bacon, place over rice, and top with a rich, creamy sauce for this hearty but simple chicken and rice casserole. A thick, creamy mushroom sauce served over golden brown chicken breasts and jasmine rice.