Deep fried chicken Karaage. Karaage (Japanese fried chicken) is easily one of the greatest fried chickens in the world. It's exceptionally flavorful, juicy and ultra crispy, and absolutely worth hanging out at the stove for! Learn the simple techniques and fry up some glorious chicken at home today.
These days, Karaage is almost always seasoned, but this wasn't always the case. Perfect Japanese fried chicken is incredibly easy to make, and the secret is as simple as frying it three times. Chicken karaage was adapted from the Chinese cuisine and has assimilated into the Japanese culinary culture. You can have Deep fried chicken Karaage using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deep fried chicken Karaage
- You need 300 g of ￼Chicken leg.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Sake.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper as you like.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 of Egg.
- It’s 3 tbs of Katakuri-ko.
- It’s 300-500 cc of Vegetable Oil.
Preparation starts with marinating the bite-sized boneless pieces of chicken thigh meat, lightly coated with potato starch and deep fried until golden brown. Karaage Fried Chicken. featured in Japanese Lunch. • Karaage is Japanese style fried chicken (two words: kara age). It is a great appetizer for your drinks, kids (and adult) friendly dinner, and also a perfect small dish for your lunch box. Japanese Karaage is usually seasoned with garlic and ginger along with soy sauce, coated lightly with flour, and deep fried.
Deep fried chicken Karaage instructions
- Sand the chicken with kitchen paper to remove surplus water in the chicken. Remove the fat from the chicken by using a knife. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces then put them in a zip-lock bag..
- Add 1/2 tbs of sake, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of grated garlic, 1 tsp of grated ginger and some black pepper into the zip-lock bag..
- Knead the chicken to season well and let it stand 30 minutes..
- Beat 1/2 egg in a cup and add it to the bag..
- Add 1/2 tbs of soy sauce and mix..
- Add 3 tbs of Katakuri-ko and mix again..
- Remove the chicken pieces from the bag and stretch any skin to cover the meat..
- Put half of the chicken pieces into vegetable oil heated to 170 degrees and deep fry it for 3 minutes..
- Take out the chicken from the oil, add rest of the chicken pieces deep fry for 3 minutes, then remove them from the oil..
- Heat the oil to 180 degree and fry the 2 portions of chicken pieces again 2 minutes each..
Chicken Karaage is one of the all-time popular dishes for bento and outdoor recreation. The crispy outside and juicy inside make the karaage so delicious! Homepage > Recipes > Chicken Recipes > Double Fried Chicken Karaage Recipe (Crispy and Juicy Japanese Fried Chicken). Karaage (唐揚げ 空揚げ or から揚げ, [kaɾaːɡe]) is a Japanese cooking technique in which various foods—most often chicken, but also other meat and fish—are deep fried in oil. Karaage Chicken is one of the most popular Japanese dishes not only within Japan but abroad as well.