The Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken "Lasagna". Last night was Cinco de Mayo and I went live making a family favorite, Mexican Chicken Lasagna! I also tried my hand at making a margarita for. How to make a Mexican Chicken Lasagna.
I got the idea from a Pampered Chef recipe that I saw a few months ago. This quick and easy 'lasagna' is full of Mexican flavors and uses leftover chicken, salsa, refried beans, corn, cheese, and layers of corn tortillas in place of i made this other day it it turned out great. i am a professional chef and made a few adjustments to it. however the base recipe is sound. it is worth trying. Mexican Chicken Lasagna is a combination of the creamy chicken lasagna we all know and love brightened up with some classic Tex-Mex flavors. You can cook The Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of (8 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1 can of (28 oz) enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 12 of (6-in.) corn tortillas.
- You need 3 cup of diced or shredded cooked chicken.
- You need 2/3 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of Additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional).
After being raised in South Texas, I'm always looking for a chance to use those flavors. The foundation of the recipe is a rich, creamy green sauce. Mexican Chicken Lasagna recipe: A fun twist on lasagna starts with enchilada sauce and corn tortillas. To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in large bowl and arrange over sauce in casserole pan overlapping if necessary.
The Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" step by step
- Place cream cheese in a medium size bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese; mix well. Spread 2/3 cup of enchilada sauce over bottom of an 8×8 (2qt) baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into large bowl; set aside..
- To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in large bowl and arrange over sauce in baking dish using tongs, overlapping if necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas, spread evenly. Top with one cup of the chicken and one-third of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese..
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro..
- Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 22g, Saturated Fat 10g, Cholesterol 105mg, Carbohydrate 25g, Protein 26g, Sodium 710 mg, Fiber 2g.
Let's get started by preparing our Mexican rice. I'm not going to show you how I go about preparing white rice. It's very simple and I have confidence Next, we'll layer on some flour tortillas. lay them out like lasagna noodles. Once you've got the tortillas laid out, you can spread on. Easy Chicken Chicken Recipes Poultry Easy Main Dish Main Dish Mexican Chicken Italian How to Cook Lasagna Beans and Legumes Cinco de Mayo.