Beer can chicken on the Braai (BBQ) with coal charred corn on the cob. Place the two chickens, standing on their cans directly on the grill. Close the lid and barbeque the chicken until no longer pink at the bone and the There's nothing quite like Beer Can Chicken at an outdoor BBQ! Ever since stumbling onto recipes like these here on AR we make these every summer.
This bbq beer can chicken comes out super juicy and is almost impossible to mess up. While the invention of Beer Can Chicken is lost to history, men have likely been cooking chicken with beer. Its Summer time; that means the weather is perfect for a braai! You can cook Beer can chicken on the Braai (BBQ) with coal charred corn on the cob using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer can chicken on the Braai (BBQ) with coal charred corn on the cob
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- You need 2 tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- You need 1 can of beer.
- It’s 2 of whole corns.
This simple method for grilling corn on the cob leaves you with juicy The Essentials for Grilled Corn Perfection. Let the flames die down and the coals turn ashen, then mound the coal up on one side. If using a small barbecue, you Use a can opener to take off the top of the can of beer. Pour out half the beer (tip into a glass to drink!) and leave the rest in the can, as it will keep the chicken moist while it cooks.
Beer can chicken on the Braai (BBQ) with coal charred corn on the cob step by step
- Light the Braai with coals to the side for indirect heat. Once the coals are white close the lid to heat the kettle up to 200c.
- Meanwhile rub the jerk seasoning into the skin of the chicken on all sides.
- Drink half the beer can 🍻 With the other half prop the chicken up with the can inside and place on a roasting tin. Close the kettle lid and roast for 1hr.
- Season the corn and add a dash of olive oil. Wrap in tinfoil like a Christmas cracker. Place directly on the coals.
- The chicken is ready when the juices run clear. Let the chicken rest for 15mins.
- Tip: you can roast veg in the pan with the chicken juices.
- Serve with gravy and enjoy.
Want the best BBQ beer can chicken? Make your own DIY beer can chicken stand for a wood Tips on choosing the best chicken: When you're buying the poultry, make Season the BBQ beer can chicken with your favorite BBQ seasoning. I recommend my all purpose smoky chipotle seasoning. Fill it with the beer mixture and position the chicken on top, following the manufacturer's instructions. Set up your grill for indirect grilling at a medium heat.