Beer Can Chicken in an oven!. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven. The chicken was great – we loved the seasonings, however, this recipe took us far longer to cook in the oven. I followed the instructions and we probably ending up cooking twice if not three times as long.
Don't worry about it adding too much sweetness, this chicken is still pretty savoury. How to Make Beer Can Chicken in the Oven. DIRECTIONS Open beer and drink half or set asside. You can cook Beer Can Chicken in an oven! using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beer Can Chicken in an oven!
- It’s 1 of 3-5 lb Chicken.
- Prepare 1 can of tall beer.
- You need of root veggies- sweet potato, carrot, onion,etc.
- You need of Glaze -.
- It’s 1/4 C of Maple Syrup.
- You need 1/4 C of Vinegar (I used pomegranate).
- You need 1/4 C of Jam or Marmalade.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cornstarch mixed with 1tsp water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 T of Butter.
Put the rest of the dry seasoning in the half a can of beer. Then, pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season it liberally on both sides and in the cavity with salt and pepper. The beer heats up during the cooking process and fills the chicken cavity with steam. This method will make the outside of your chicken golden-brown and crispy while keeping the inside juicy.
Beer Can Chicken in an oven! instructions
- Open beer and drink 1/2 of it. I used a 16 oz can of Stiegl Radler which is beer and grapefruit juice. Cut slits in the back of the chicken to let fat run into the pan..
- Spray the can with cooking spray (so you can remove it easily). Stand up the chicken in a pan..
- I threw the veggies I had on hand in the pan as well. Those are sweet potatoes, Carrots, pepper and onion..
- Then carefully put it in the oven. I used a low temperature (325 deg) to start. You don't need the pizza stone – that's just where I store it!.
- While the chicken is in the oven make a glaze. These are most of the ingredients..
- Cook the glaze over low heat..
- When the breast meat hits about 140 deg (F) pull the pan out and turn the oven up all the way (500 deg on my oven)..
- Brush 1/2 of the glaze on the chicken. Remove and veggies that are cooked..
- Cook at the high temperature until breast meat is about 160 deg F. (About 10-15 min) Carefully remove chicken, put on cutting board and brush with remaining glaze. Let cool for 20 minutes..
- This is the chicken carved with the veggies. Enjoy!.
- One more thing. Don't forget to throw the bones in a stock pot for delicious homemade stock!.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously all over with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine Place cavity of chicken over open beer can and place in center of baking pan. Carefully place pan in oven and bake until a meat thermometer. Yes, the chicken looks rather ridiculous on its beer can perch, covered with an herb rub and half-ready to salute you. Oven Instructions: You can also roast a chicken this way in the oven.