Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy. Rinse the leeks, trim ends and cut into rings. For the chicken, use a sharp knife to cut a pocket lengthways into the chicken breast. Meanwhile, for the leeks, heat the butter.
Feel free to omit the leeks or replace them with small peeled cippolini onions or sliced sweet or yellow onions. This is a tasty chicken dish to make for any family meal or Sunday. This Chicken and leek with mushrooms in a creamy alfredo sauce is quick enough for weeknight dinners or lazy weekends. You can have Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy
- Prepare 2 of Leeks (white & light green part only).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 2 of cups white button mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 2 of cups chicken stock or broth.
- Prepare 4 of tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 of tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon of sherry wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of salt & fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of of flour.
Leeks are related to garlic, onions, scallions and shallots. It resembles scallions, a plant related to the onion, with flat overlapping leaves forming an elongated cylindrical. Baking pieces of chicken is one of the easiest ways to put a meal on the table for your family. This mustard-glazed chicken is roasted on a bed of sliced onions, leeks and garlic that you can serve alongside it.
Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy instructions
- Heat your oven to 275°F Fahrenheit.
- Cut the leeks into thin strips about 2 inches long. Rinse them in cold water to remove any dirt..
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a frying pan on medium heat and saute the leeks until soft. 3 to 4 min. And remove to a plate to cool..
- With a small knife slice a pocket lengthwise on each chicken breast and season with salt & pepper inside and outside of the breast.
- Stuff each breast with a 1/4 of the leeks.
- Heat canola oil in a saute pan over medium heat until hot and add chicken. Cook on each side until browned and cook to an internal temp of 165°F Fahrenheit.
- Remve chicken from the pan and keep warm in the oven while making the sauce.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and add the mushrooms and garlic..
- Saute mushrooms until golden brown. Add sherry vinegar & cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook the mushrooms for 3min more and whisk in chicken stock. Cook stirring occasionally until sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven place on a plate or serving dish and top with mushroom gravy.
Stir in the garlic and leeks, then arrange the chicken on top of the bacon-leek mixture. Place the chicken on the braised leeks. Turn off the heat and discard the fat. Add the chicken stock to the pan, and scrape with a wooden spoon to release the crispy Toss the chicken thighs in the bowl with the mustard mixture, slathering them completely, and then rearrange them over the braised leeks. Mound leeks on top of chicken thighs.