Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice. Sprinkle your favorite Chicken Seasoning on top. While Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken might not be the prettiest, it most assuredly is the juiciest, moistest, tastiest, deliciousest chicken I have eaten my entire life. And it's sooooo super easy to make, too!
In his book, EverydayCook, Alton Brown roasts a Often recipes for roast chicken don't mention the vegetables that really should be included with every baked bird. Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. You can cook Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice
- You need 1 of whole chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of wild rice.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1-1.5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of boulion cube.
- Prepare 2 tsp of -Garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of – onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – Adobe season.
- It’s 1 tsp of – season salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – rosemary.
This easy Whole Roast Chicken Recipe is cooked to crispy-skin perfection in a Dutch Oven with Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary Butter slathered on every This is my favorite recipe for roast chicken. Cooking it in a dutch oven ensures the chicken is moist and flavorful, but still gets that awesome. Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken and vegetables is a one pot whole chicken dinner recipe that can be roasted on a campfire or in the oven! Nothing beats a good hot dog by the campfire, but sometimes a complete main course like this mouthwatering Roasted Chicken just hits the spot.
Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice instructions
- Rinse at pat dry chicken. Set aside. Ok to brine chicken 24 hours prior. 1/4 cup salt, garlic powder, adobe season. Dissolve salt in 4 cups water. Increase liquid add season of choice add citrus or fruit juice as well. Fully cover chicken with brine..
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in dutch oven, on med high heat add wild rice and sautee for 2 min. Add water and boulion. Bring to low boil.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and coat chicken with butter. And coat with dry rub. Put chicken in dutch oven into rice mixture..
- Cover and remove from stove heat and put in oven at 325F. Cook for 1.5 – 2 hours. Rice should be done and liquidy thick. Chicken, leg thigh should pull off easy..
- Optional… Rice may also be separated from dutch oven at this point. And chicken put back in oven turn up to 350 F coat with additional rub if desired. Cook uncovered 30 more minutes to get skin more textured. Enjoy wirh favorite of veggies.
Add Oil to Dutch Oven and place over medium-high heat. Add Chicken Thighs in a single layer, about five at a time. Cook on all sides until browned. Add Rice, Garlic and Onion to Dutch Oven. Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly for one minute.