Doritos chicken and broccoli rice casserole. I used Rotel in place of the salsa. Served with a boxed garlic chicken rice pilaf that I added a small can of green chilis to and also used hot chili olive oil for the oil portion needed. What can I say, casserole recipes just work for my family.
Today's recipe is one of those "Oh Screw it let's just have some fun!" type of. This Doritos chicken casserole is packed with a creamy chicken filling, Doritos, and lots of cheese! Aside from cooking the chicken, this casserole is super easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. You can cook Doritos chicken and broccoli rice casserole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Doritos chicken and broccoli rice casserole
- You need 2 cup of cubed chicken.
- It’s 2 cup of broccoli.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of crushed doritos.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of salt pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter melted.
You will need some shredded chicken so if you have leftover chicken in the fridge. Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – a warm, filling and healthy one-pan meal that is Super Easy to make, delicious and an excellent choice for a healthy This Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole could be your new favorite one-pan meal that is quick, healthy and tasty. Before you know it, dinner is ready. This easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole has a super, super, creamy sauce, then is topped off with lots of gooey cheese and buttery bread crumbs.
Doritos chicken and broccoli rice casserole step by step
- Pre heat oven 350.
- Get your chicken and rice started. There's a quick way to do both of them to save time. First fill one pot of water and season it with salt. Fill enough to cover chicken breasts by a couple of inches and cook at a medium boil for about 15 minutes..
- For the rice, soak and clean for a minute or two until water is not so milky looking. Pour 1 1/2 cups clean water into pot and 1 cup of rice in it. Bring to a boil and cook at boiling until water level gets just above rice. Then cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, fluff with fork..
- Remove chicken cube it, and cut broccoli into bite size pieces..
- Put cheese, cream of chicken, cubed chicken, broccoli, mayonnaise, and rice in bowl and fold together. Salt pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking dish 9×9 or 9×13 will work, and place mixture inside. Then sprinkle on top crushed doritos. Pour melted butter over top of the doritos..
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Doritos should be browned and sides should be bubbling when time is up. Let sit for 5 mintes.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole. Spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or line with a disposable crockpot Wash and cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Add chicken, broccoli and rice to the crockpot. Next add in the cream of mushroom soup and the. Made-from-scratch creamy, cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole made in ONE POT on the stove!