Best Lebanese Chicken with Rice. This delicious Lebanese rice with chicken dish known as roz a djej in Arabic, is served at every large family gathering, party, and holiday dinner (Even Thanksgiving!). The warm spices with ground beef and rice make it the perfect rice dish to be served alongside rotisserie chickens, a large turkey, roast. A traditional Lebanese dish typically served for special occasions, this recipe exemplifies the importance of spices in Lebanese cuisine.
Add the onion and ground beef to the same hot pan. Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two. Lebanese chicken and rice recipe with seven-spice seasoning. You can cook Best Lebanese Chicken with Rice using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Lebanese Chicken with Rice
- You need 4 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 300 g of finely ground beef.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely shopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raw pine nuts, roasted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds, roasted.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 liters of water.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 of cardamom pods.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Lebanese Chicken with potato and garlic lemon sauce. This traditional Lebanese chicken and rice dish is one of my favorites. This Lebanese Hushwee Rice with Roasted Chicken is inspired by my mom who makes this Syrian comfort food dish for our family on a regular basis. Hushwee is a meat mixture cooked in clarified butter and scented with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice which I always have on hand thanks to my go-to.
Best Lebanese Chicken with Rice instructions
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the chicken pieces on both sides in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Remove and put in a saucepan. The chicken shouldn’t be completely cooked..
- Add 2 liters of water over the chicken pieces and let it boil. As the water boils remove with a spoon any foam that might form on the water surface. Discard. Once the foam removed add 1 onion, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and bay leaves to the water. Cover the pan with a lid keeping a small opening to prevent the water to overflow while boiling. Keep on medium heat until the chicken is well cooked..
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside. Strain the chicken broth and keep aside for later use..
- In a deep pan, fry the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until golden, then add the ground meat and keep on cooking until meat turns brown..
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Toss for 2 min then add 4 cups of chicken broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked..
- To serve, put the rice in a large plate, place the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with the roasted almonds and pine nuts..
Lebanese rice is basically a rice pilaf that's made up of three ingredients: long grain white rice, vermicelli noodles and butter or olive oil (or a combination of both). Rice: Traditionally you'll use either long grain white rice, parboiled rice or basmati rice. The parboiled rice gets the best texture. Authentic Lebanese Recipe: Soak bulk rice in hot water for half an hour. (This is not necessary with packaged, processed rice.) Cut chicken into serving pieces and brown well in hot samneh. Add tomatoes, tomato paste diluted in water, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper.