Orange Chicken – Instant Pot. Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. Forget about takeout, this easy Chinese dinner made with easy to find ingredients is so. The Orange Chicken Dish at the Asian Restaurants is delicious.
When you cook in the Instant Pot, natural juices from the chicken release. Need a new go-to dinner recipe? This Instant Pot Orange Chicken is SO simple – it takes just a few minutes to throw together and it always tastes amazing! You can cook Orange Chicken – Instant Pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken – Instant Pot
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 c of orange juice.
- You need 1/3 of White or yellow onion chopped large.
- You need of sauce.
- You need 3/4 c of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 of tbps hot sauce or taco sauce.
- It’s 1 of tbps white wine.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 c of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit.
- It’s 1/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar.
- It’s of Orange zest.
- Prepare of thickener.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of orange juice.
- It’s of garnish.
- You need 1/2 c of cashews.
- It’s of Green onion – chopped.
- You need of Orange zest.
- Prepare of rice.
- It’s of Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet.
- You need of Enough rice to be happy.
This fast and easy Instant Pot orange chicken is a lifesaver on a busy day. Bright and fresh orange flavors are combined with Asian flavors to make Alternatively, brown the chicken in a large skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add some of the sauce to the pot and continue to cook, scraping. Instant Pot Orange Chicken with a sweet and sticky orange sauce and fluffy rice.
Orange Chicken – Instant Pot instructions
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks..
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides..
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot..
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces..
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce..
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick..
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes..
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face..
This orange chicken recipe is easy to make and everything cooks at once in your Instant Pot – even the rice! If you love the flavors in orange chicken, you'll also enjoy my Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Chicken. What Ingredients Are In Instant Pot Orange Chicken? Use a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken throughout until no pink remains. Follow the instructions in the recipe card below for more details.