Orange-Ginger Chicken. Orange marmalade is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with, and honestly- what else do people do with orange marmalade?? I don't see many people spreading it on toast or plopping it on their PB&J. This award-winning Orange Ginger Chicken recipe is a healthier homemade alternative to takeout or Trader Joe's.
Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Great orange flavor – tastes similar to restaurant Crispy Orange Chicken. This Paleo Orange Ginger Chicken is a great dinner recipe that kids love! You can have Orange-Ginger Chicken using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange-Ginger Chicken
- Prepare 1 of pce. p/person, boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 2 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 of granulated garlic to taste.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
The recipe is also child friendly -Orange Ginger Chicken is my younger son's all time favorite dinner recipe. Orange-Ginger Chicken, spatchcocked and grilled! "Spatchcocked" is just a fancy way of saying Also, leave the chicken in the orange ginger marinade for as long as you can — at least two hours. A simple, quick marinade adds bold flavor to this grilled chicken recipe, making it perfect for a busy weeknight meal. This versatile Asian marinade of orange and soy sauce with sesame seed, ginger and crushed red pepper is great on chicken as well as flank steak and pork tenderloin.
Orange-Ginger Chicken step by step
- Put orange juice, ginger, honey and pinch of salt together in sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower temp. slightly and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Try not to simmer too hard so that you dont get a scum on top..
- In the mean time, sprinkle breasts with garlic and grill in pan. Cook low and slow and it wont dry out. Pour some of the sauce on chicken and cook last 10 minutes with lid on pan..
- Just before serving, make a cornstarch slurry with 1 tbsp. cornstarch and water and thicken Orange sauce slightly. Pour over chicken and rice, served with a quick salad and Voila!! Enjoy!.
Do you know what is simple? It's a wink and a nod to everyone's favorite take-out dish, but a lot. Try crispy chicken with a kick of ginger complete with tasty orange rice. Come home to this hearty grilled chicken flavored with teriyaki baste and glaze – perfect if you love Asian dinner. Orange Ginger Roast Chicken – The fall weather is definitely in the air in this neck of the woods, at least.