Broccoli and Chicken Casserole. Looking for broccoli and chicken casserole recipes? Fix Trisha Yearwood's cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole recipe, from Trisha's Southern Kitchen on Food Network, as a comforting make-ahead meal. Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover.
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Is A Simple, Quick And Delicious Dinner Filled With Chicken, Broccoli And Cheese And Topped With Buttered Bread Crumbs! And that's why this keto chicken broccoli casserole recipe is so perfect! It's inspired from a similar recipe that's a gem from an old cookbook in my collection, just much healthier. You can cook Broccoli and Chicken Casserole using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
- It’s of —-Chicken and broth——.
- You need 4-1/2 pound of chicken breast skin on bone in.
- You need as needed of water.
- It’s 1 of large carrot chopped.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need of –casserole——–.
- It’s 2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3 pounds of broccoli.
- Prepare of —topping——-.
- You need 8 ounces of Swiss cheese.
I also included a secret ingredient in the casserole that's not the norm in most chicken and broccoli bakes: parmesan cheese. Shredded chicken breast and broccoli cooked with noodles in a light creamy sauce topped with toasted breadcrumbs. Place the casserole under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp. Like a Reuben, but baked all together in deliciously cheesy (literally cheesy) retro casserole form.
Broccoli and Chicken Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add chicken to a pot and cover with water add salt, carrots, garlic, turmeric, celery, and onions. And boil till chicken is done..
- When chicken is done. Remove skin and bones..
- As you are removing the bones add the broccoli to the broth..
- Shred the chicken season with the seasoned salt and add to the broccoli.
- Stir together and cook covered for 20 minutes..
- Separate the broth from the casserole ingredients and mix the casserole ingredients with the sour cream. Then add the casserole ingredients to a 9×13 baking pan..
- Add cheese to top and pour 1-1/2 cup of broth you can freeze the rest if you like..
- Put into oven for 30-40 minutes..
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve, I hope you enjoy !.
This Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy make ahead meal that you can assemble and bake another day! Your family will love the cheesy filling and buttery, crunchy Ritz topping! Casseroles are the perfect weeknight meal and we just happen to LOVE them around here. Our very favorite casserole recipe is this Chicken and Rice Casserole and it's one of the most-requested meals from both the boys and Chris – they just can't get enough of it! How to prep this broccoli, rice, and chicken casserole ahead of time.