Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. Looking for broccoli and chicken casserole recipes? Fix Trisha Yearwood's cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole recipe, from Trisha's Southern Kitchen on Food Network, as a comforting make-ahead meal. Spread the rice in an even layer in the baking dish.
Shredded chicken breast and broccoli cooked with noodles in a light creamy sauce topped with toasted breadcrumbs. Place the casserole under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp. Like a Reuben, but baked all together in deliciously cheesy (literally cheesy) retro casserole form. You can cook Chicken and Broccoli Casserole using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Prepare 2 lb of cubed chicken.
- Prepare 1 large of minced onion.
- You need 4 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 pinch of thyme.
- You need 1 pinch of basil.
- It’s 1 pinch of dill.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of soy sauce.
- It’s 12 oz of dumpling size egg noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of milk (use soup can).
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 cup of grated sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- You need 10 oz of frozen broccoli (thawed).
Chicken and broccoli casserole is a simple, yet delicious, dish. It makes a great midweek meal as you can whip it up the night before, put it in the fridge. And that's why this keto chicken broccoli casserole recipe is so perfect! It's inspired from a similar recipe that's a gem from an old cookbook in my collection, just much healthier.
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil the egg noodles al dente. Drain. Return noodles to pot. I like to melt in a few pads of butter here to the noodles while they are still hot but that is optional..
- In a pot with cooking oil combine the FIRST TEN INGREDIENTS and cook until chicken is slightly browned.
- Take your pot with the FIRST TEN INGREDIENTS and dump it into the pot with the egg noodles. Mix together..
- Now take your pot that had the chicken in it and add the soup and milk to it. Scrape up any of the goodness left in the pot by the chicken as to help give it flavor. Stir until smooth and heated through. I also like to melt more butter into the soup here but once again that is optional..
- Whisk all the grated cheeses into the soup.
- Add the broccoli into the pot with the egg noodles..
- Add soup mixture to pot with the egg noodles and broccoli. Mix well. Take this mixture and dump it into a 9 by 13 inch greased baking dish or casserole tray. Add a little extra cheese to the top if you want here..
- Bake covered at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove cover.
- Spread bread crumbs over casserole and place back in the oven uncovered until slightly browed.
I also included a secret ingredient in the casserole that's not the norm in most chicken and broccoli bakes: parmesan cheese. How to make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – from scratch! Sauté garlic and onion in butter and/or oil, then mostly cook the chicken – it finishes cooking with the rice; Add flour, milk, broth and basic seasonings (salt, pepper, thyme), then add the rice right into the same pot. As the rice cooks, the flour. This chicken and broccoli casserole is such a popular recipe that I had to make new photos to show you how great this is!