Chicken Sotanghon. Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a Filipino version of chicken noodle soup. This soup dish makes use of shredded chicken and sotanghon noodles. It also has carrots and cabbage.
Sotanghon – a noodle soup that features cellophane noodles, chicken and vegetables. The broth is slightly oily as garlic and onion are sauteed and chicken. A tasty and immune-boosting Filipino chicken soup with slippy cellophane noodles. You can have Chicken Sotanghon using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sotanghon
- Prepare 50 g of dried sotanghon (rice vermicelli) / 2 oz ..
- You need 75 g of chicken cooked , skinless , boneless meat – ideally from thighs (shredded) / 2½ oz ..
- It’s 60 g of mushrooms (chopped) / 2¼ oz ..
- Prepare 600 ml of stock (chicken or vegetable) / 20 fl . oz ..
- You need 150 / 5 g oz of . mixed veg (frozen – should include onion).
- You need ½ teaspoon of chili powder (see note below).
One of my all-time favorite soups is this chicken sotanghon! Chicken sotanghon soup features mung bean thread noodles, shredded chicken, shiitake mushrooms, and a savory rich blend of ginger, garlic, and onions. When introducing this dish to first. Chicken sotanghon soup is a Filipino style chicken bean thread noodle soup.
Chicken Sotanghon step by step
- Put the stock on to heat at high..
- When boiling, add the vermicelli. Bring back to the boil and the simmer for five minutes..
- Cook the veg in a microwave for 2 minutes and add to the pan..
- Add the mushroom and chicken..
- Simmer for 5 more minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper and serve in a big bowl..
Similar to regular chicken noodle soup, this uses a different type of noodle. Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe is another variation of the famous and well-loved Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup which usually uses egg noodles, but in this recipe we are using sotanghon. A delicious and insusceptible boosting Filipino chicken Chicken Sotanghon Soup – The Little Epicurean. Filipino chicken noodle soup featuring mung bean. Sotanghon or cellophane noodles are used in making soup or stir fry noodles.