Lemon Chicken and Broccoli. Sauteed chicken and tender-crisp broccoli are infused with flavor from a savory lemon sauce in this exquisite skillet dish. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour over the chicken breasts in a nonreactive Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside. You can have Lemon Chicken and Broccoli using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fat-free chicken broth.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of broccoli, uncooked, small florets.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 2 Tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta. Spread broccoli and chicken over pasta. The chicken, broccoli and pasta are perfect with the lemon cream sauce! And if you ask me, lemon, broccoli and chicken are a match made in skillet heaven.
Lemon Chicken and Broccoli step by step
- Combine: 1.5 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Coat chicken with mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute Garlic in skillet until fragrant..
- Add 1 cup broth to skillet, bring to boil (scrapping browned chicken pieces off pan) add broccoli. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix remaining broth, flour and salt. Add to skillet and simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is almost at desired tenderness. Add chicken and lemon zest, heat through.
- Toss with lemon juice and parsley.
I've included a few notes in the recipe about different pasta brands and the consistency of the sauce so be. Place the chicken and vegetables on plates. Quick and easy meals are the only type of recipes in my dinner rotation this summer. We are prepping for the summer heat, a vacation, and lots of outdoor fun, so cooking is the last thing I want to. Remove from the pan and add the garlic and broccoli.