Orange Chicken. Orange chicken is a North American Chinese dish of Hunan origin. The variety of orange chicken most commonly found at North American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped, battered and fried chicken pieces coated in a sweet orange-flavored chili sauce. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce.
THE BEST ORANGE CHICKEN – Orange Honey Chicken Recipe – Better Than Takeout – Baked orange chicken. Great orange flavor – tastes similar to restaurant Crispy Orange Chicken. The following changes should improve texture. You can cook Orange Chicken using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken
- Prepare 2 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces.
- It’s 1/2 c. of plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided 1/4 c. all-purpose flour.
- You need of Canola Oil for Frying.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Orange Juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Orange Zest.
- Prepare 2 of Green Onions, Chopped.
- You need 2 Quarts of Cooked White Rice.
- Prepare of Sesame Seeds.
After frying chicken keep warm on baking sheet in oven. Orange Chicken is a classic Chinese-American take-out dish popularized by Panda Express. Original Orange Chicken By Panda Express. This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with crispy fried chicken coated in a sticky orange chicken sauce.
Orange Chicken step by step
- In one bowl 1/2 cup cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, making sure to tap off any excess. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4” oil. Once oil is shimmering, fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes, orange zest and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make cornstarch slurry: Mix remaining tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk slurry into sauce to thicken, and bring back to a simmer. Once sauce starts to look syrupy, about 5 minutes, remove from heat..
- Toss chicken with sauce and green onions..
- Serve over white rice with Sesame Seeds..
- Note – If you like you can also serve with Broccoli or Snow Peas. Simply trim and then boil in water for 5 mins. Once the Broccoli or Snow Peas turn a "bright green" remove from water and add to the saucepan with the chicken and sauce..
Just like Panda Express but even better! Orange chicken is one of the most popular Chinese. Panda Express Orange Chicken with tender chicken thighs fried crisp and tossed in a magical Panda Express Orange Chicken is the most popular recipe on the Panda Express menu and I'm sure. My Chinese Orange Chicken is sticky, sweet and tangy. I'm going to show you how to get succulent crispy chicken pieces and plenty of that delicious orange sauce.