P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat). Chang's Orange Peel Chicken is crispy, spicy and sweet, with notes of orange flavor and even healthier than the restaurant version! If you'd like to try out another P. Chang's favorite you should try my Easy Mongolian Beef which is a delicious and easy copycat of the original!
Chang's Preferred members are also accepting the terms and conditions. This PF Chang's copycat recipe is made the same way. PF Chang's Orange Peel Chicken…my copycat version of course. You can have P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat)
- You need 2 lb. of chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 4 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It’s of peel from 1 orange , half zested and half julienned.
I must admit that I have a little addiction to P. Chang's, and I am not ashamed at all! Due to the fact that I am a certified P. Chang's aficionado, I believe that gives me license to recreate some of my favorite dishes!
P.F. CHANG’S Orange Peel Chicken(copycat) step by step
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Put in a bowl and coat with cornstarch..
- Add two tablespoons of oil to your wok. Heat oil on medium high and add the chicken. Cook until browned on both sides..
- Remove chicken from pan. If you have about a tablespoon of oil in the pan go ahead and use it without wiping your pan clean. If not, add a tablespoon of oil, minced garlic and green onions and let cook for about 1 minute, but don't let your garlic burn..
- Add tomato sauce, water, sugar, Sriracha and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce. Top with the orange zest and orange strips and mix until all coated, letting it cook for another 20-30 seconds for the chicken to heat back up..
This is my version of PF Chang's Orange Chicken is so good, probably better than the original. This copycat recipe is so easy to make at home, so whenever. Chang's Orange Peel Chicken (Copycat) – Dinner, then Dessert. The sauce recipe and cooking method can also be used with shrimp. For sure, it is a mysterious food.