Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. This slow cooker orange chicken is breaded chunks of chicken tossed in a sweet and savory Asian sauce and cooked in the crock pot. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it's made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. It's sure to become a family favorite!
Despite its unnaturally bright-orange hue, orange chicken is a takeout dinner favorite. But you won't find any takeout with the fresh citrusy flavor you To quench the craving for sweet orange chicken, pull out the slow cooker and take fresh oranges from the fruit bowl, and there will be no need to wait. Chicken breasts with orange soda and soy sauce served over rice. You can have Slow Cooker Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- You need 1.5-2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Peppers, chopped up.
- You need 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 cup of Orange Marmalade.
- You need 2 tbsp of Aminos Acid/Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1-2 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
Gives chicken a wonderful flavor, and it is great for those days when you don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes just as good as what you'd find in a restaurant! That's why I made my slow cooker teriyaki chicken, and why it remains one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. While I was eating teriyaki chicken to my heart's content, it was my younger brother who was the.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken step by step
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl..
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together..
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. ***Please use a slow cooker liner***.
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes..
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, it's so simple to whip up in your crock-pot or Instant Pot pressure cooker. Great for Sunday meal prep for work lunch bowls & better than the local Chinese restaurant takeout! This Slow Cooker Crispy Orange Chicken was easier and healthier than what I had planned! So if your chicken is really dry you may need to add just a little water when you shake it up.