Chicken Katsu Curry. This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top.
We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce and chicken Chicken Katsu Curry is an absolute favourite – traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. Not a big fan of pork or chicken? You can have Chicken Katsu Curry using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu Curry
- You need of Katsu sauce.
- You need 300 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s Splash of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tspn turmeric.
- It’s 2 tbspn of mild curry powder.
- It’s 100 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of thumb size piece of ginger.
- It’s of Drizzle of oil.
- It’s of Crispy chicken.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 50 g of plain flour.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Vegetable oil (enough to cover the chicken).
You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or fish (See below). With the likes of Gizzi Erskine sharing their take on the famous Wagamama katsu chicken curry recipe, it's really taken off over the. With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. There used to be a Wagamama's restaurant in Zurich which we really enjoyed visiting, often to satisfy my cravings for ramen, but mostly because they had a great kids' menu and a.
Chicken Katsu Curry step by step
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger in oil till soft. Then add spices and cook for a few minutes. Add flour and cook for a few mins before gradually adding stock. Then simmer and add coconut milk, sugar and soy sauce. Simmer for a few mins then strain through a sieve so you’re left with a silky smooth sauce. This can be left in the fridge for a few days in an air tight container..
- Cut chicken breasts in half (lengthways) and cover with clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin till they become thin. Then dip the chicken into flour, then into the whisked egg and then coat in panko breadcrumbs. Once covered, fry in hot vegetable oil for a few minutes either side until cooked thoroughly inside and crispy on the outside. The vegetable oil should cover the chicken and will sizzle when cooking. Don’t over cook as it can burn easily..
- Serve hot with the katsu sauce. Best served with Jasmin rice and salad or veggies..
This popular Japanese chicken katsu curry is easy to make for a low-cost midweek meal. You can prepare the curry sauce in advance, and the strips of chicken are quick to coat and fry up into hot. This is my version of the delicious Japanese katsu curry that they serve at Wagamama. One thing that makes chicken katsu curry different to other curries is the breaded and deep fried chicken. Another must when making chicken katsu curry is to ensure the sauce is super smooth.