Chicken and Bamboo Japanese-style Sesame Curry.
You can cook Chicken and Bamboo Japanese-style Sesame Curry using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Bamboo Japanese-style Sesame Curry
- You need 250 grams of Chicken.
- You need 250 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of add (to taste) Ginger.
- It’s 8 grams of granulated konbu dashi stock.
- You need 1 of add (to taste) Dried red chilli flakes.
- It’s 50 grams of White sesame seed paste.
- It’s 10 grams of Ground sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of Roasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of as required Japanese dashi stock.
- You need 2 of servings worth Japanese curry roux.
Chicken and Bamboo Japanese-style Sesame Curry step by step
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with oil and add minced onions, garlic, ginger, and red peppers. Add granulated konbu dashi stock after the oil has coated everything, and saute..
- Medium heat: Once the onions have become transparent and softened, add chicken cut into bite-sized pieces and saute. I used breast meat this time, but feel free to use your favorite chicken cuts..
- Medium heat: Once the outside of the chicken has turned white, add bamboo cut into bite-sized pieces and lightly saute. It is easy to use boiled bamboo, but feel free to precook the bamboo if you like..
- Strong heat: Once the bamboo is also coated in the oil, add a little more broth to cover the pot contents, and boil. You can use store-bought broth such as mentsuyu noodle sauce, etc. Use something with a light flavor..
- Strong heat→ Medium heat: Bring to a boil and skim the scum thoroughly. After removing the scum, boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes..
- Medium heat: Mixed kneaded and grated sesame, and mix in while boiling..
- Add in the roux. The sesame will help thicken and will supplement the broth, so use a little less roux than indicated on the box. Please keep an eye on it depending on the type of roux used..
- Sprinkle toasted sesame right before eating, and it is done. Using red chili oil in place of Tabasco sauce is also delicious!.