Orange Glazed Whole Chicken. Whisk orange juice, vegetable oil, orange zest. This sticky sweet and spicy orange chicken sauce with ginger and garlic dresses up juicy chicken thighs for a fast and easy dinner. The thought of it brings childhood memories of takeout boxes filled with chunks of chicken glazed in a sweet orange sauce that left me craving more.
Orange citrus glaze Today I am making orange chicken my way. This is easy to make and the glaze for this is tasty. This is great for dinner served with steamed rice. You can cook Orange Glazed Whole Chicken using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Glazed Whole Chicken
- You need 1 of whole chicken, washed, patted dry.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- You need 2 tbs of whole grain dijon mustard (or the smooth kind works).
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbs orange marmalade.
- It’s 1.5 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of Zest of 1 orange.
- You need of Juice of 3 medium oranges (I used 4 mandarins).
- It’s 2 tsp of water.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Orange-Honey Glazed Chicken ThighsTracey's Culinary Adventures. Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs are moist with the most delicious, crispy skin, topped with an orange glaze sauce. Add some coconut rice on the side to We might be having a love affair with chicken thighs. Oh my heavens, we just can't get enough!
Orange Glazed Whole Chicken instructions
- Set oven to 375°F..
- Wash, pat dry, rub down with olive oil then sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken. Set the chicken on a baking dish..
- Mix all ingredients for the glaze.
- Place one half of the oranges used into the chicken cavity..
- Pour half the sauce on the chicken and bake for 45 min.
- After 45 min, pour remaining sauce on the chicken..
- Glaze the chicken with the sauce every 25 min or so until chicken is cooked and juice runs clear. About 1hr 40 min for 2.5 lbs chicken.
- Serve with rice and steamed veg.
The other night we realized there was nothing. Our Orange Glazed Chicken is hands down better than any fast food you can find. This Asian sensation can be made faster than waiting for take out! What I didn't mention was, while I ordered the french toast, Jake ordered Orange Glazed Chicken. Smoked chicken is good all on it's own but in this recipe I show you how to glaze it with honey while it smokes over orange wood.