Orange Chicken in the croc pot. This Crock Pot Orange Chicken is super simple to prepare, and it tastes so much better than takeout. While you can combine all the ingredients in the crock pot and let it do its thing for a few hours, I like to brown the chicken just for a minute or two on the stove before placing it in the crock. THIS crockpot orange chicken has those same amazing orange chicken flavors you love, but without all the guilt!
Crock Pot Lit'l Smokies® Smoked SausageHillshire Farm. This easy orange chicken crock pot recipe has a sweet and tangy flavor the whole family will love. Serve with rice and vegetables for a healthy dinner that Save liquid in crock pot. You can cook Orange Chicken in the croc pot using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken in the croc pot
- Prepare 1.25 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/4 c of corn starch.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- You need 1 (12.5 oz) of bottle orange sauce.
- You need 1/4 c of vegetable or canola oil.
- It’s 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tsp mined garlic.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of Broccoli & sesame seeds (optional).
I use a rice cooker because it is fast and I use one with a Here is an easy crockpot orange chicken recipe to make that cooks on it's own in your crockpot. If, like me, you use crock pot liners, go through the same process as you would without them. Place onion, celery, bell peppers and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Mix orange juice, peel, honey, Worcestershire sauce and ginger.
Orange Chicken in the croc pot instructions
- Pour oil into frying pan, warm up oil on medium high. Cut chicken into about 1inch squares. Add chicken to mixing bowl. Add corn starch, salt, pepper & garlic powder to bowl. Coat chicken..
- Once oil is hot, add chicken to oil (one layer). Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side. Once done add to plate with paper towel to absorb oil. Repeat cooking chicken until all chicken is cooked..
- Spray croc pot with cooking spray. Add chicken to croc pot. Stir orange sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic & a splash of water in a mixing bowl. Coat chicken with sauce. Turn croc pot on low and cook for 2.5 hours..
- Optional* boil some broccoli & add to croc pot when there is about an hour & a half left* When ready to serve, serve with your favorite rice & sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired..
We adapted orange curried chicken to cook in the crock pot. This delicious recipe, using orange juice, bell peppers, onion, and curry powder, is a fabulous dish for company. The combination of textures and flavors in this wonderful recipe is simply superb. The orange juice adds a sweet and tart. This post may contain affiliate links.