Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel. Chicken piccata is lightly seasoned chicken breast that is cooked in an ultra-buttery sauce, flavored with lemon and capers. Toss the spinach and broccoli into the pan and coat it in the juices the collected. Lightly pan fried breaded filet of flounder served in a lemon, wine, butter sauce with capers and parsley.
Even though the chicken is lightly breaded, it tastes clean to the palate and makes you want to go for more and more. You can make chicken piccata ahead of time but I prefer it right out of the pan with its crispy exterior – so yum! It tastes great in a sandwich the next day or chopped up as a salad topping. You can have Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for veggies.
- Prepare 5 head of broccoli, reduced to florets and chunks.
- It’s 3 stick of fennel, chopped coarsely.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 4 large of chicken breasts.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, for chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper, for chicken.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder, for chicken.
- Prepare 2 large of lemons, just zest.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for chicken.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced finely.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 large of lemons, just juice.
- You need 5 tbsp of capers, optional.
- Prepare 1 of handful parsley, chopped, optional.
- Prepare 1 large of lemon, halved and sliced thin, optional.
Heat the oil and butter in a heavy frying pan, and add some of the chicken pieces to the pan, and cook in batches. Lightly breading and pan-frying chicken breasts creates a beautiful golden brown crust. For this recipe, you dip chicken breasts in a flour mixture then pan-fry in olive oil until golden brown in color. To finish, simmer in a tangy piccata sauce made of lemon juice, chicken broth, and capers.
Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel instructions
- Heat a very large saucepan worth the tablespoon of oil, and heat on medium high..
- When up to temp, add the broccoli and fennel, carefully sprinkling and mixing in the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. The florets trap the seasonings, so you really can't be dumping the spices in, or certain florets will have all the spices..
- Stir in the spices, and let simmer a bit. You want to brown the veggies a little, and then stir and repeat..
- Slice the breasts down the middle, and then, using parallel cuts, cut three layers out of each half..
- In a separate bowl add the breasts, eggs, and chicken seasonings and zest, stir, and let marinate until all egg is incorporated..
- When the veggies are browned to your taste, and still a little crisp, remove the veggies from the pan, and warm on a dish in the oven at about 170°F..
- Add the additional oil to the former veggie pan and sear the marinated chicken on both sides until both sides have a nice egg-induced mottled brown-gold color, which should pretty much cook it through. Remove to a separate serving plate, and keep warm..
- Reduce heat to low, wait a moment, and when down to temp, toss in the garlic..
- When the garlic is in there a minute or so, deglaze with the wine, and stand back, then stir..
- Let the wine cook off for a couple minutes, and then add the chicken broth and lemon juice..
- Reduce the mixture to desired consistency, and add salt to taste..
- Plate 2 pieces of chicken next to the veggies, and spoon some broth over the top of the chicken..
- Garnish with parsley, capers, and lemon slices, if you like, and serve immediately. Thin strips of chicken will dry quickly..
- I would pack leftover chicken, if any, in the broth to keep it moist..
Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour Add half of the chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan. This recipe is the perfect weeknight dish! Return chicken breasts to the skillet. This light version of chicken piccata features chicken breasts marinated in yogurt, then fried in margarine and olive oil, and Reviews for: Photos of Light Chicken Piccata. I did let the chicken sit with the yogurt overnight and the chicken came out wonderfully tender – my husband loved it.