Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken. Grill until nicely marked and cooked Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions for al dente, stirring in the peas during the last minute of cooking. Directions for: Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken. Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium heat.
Greek yogurt and cheese deliver a super enjoyable… Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo Chicken. Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium heat. Skillet meals are a miracle, my friends. You can have Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plain fat free Greek yogurt, at room temp..
- It’s 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of juice and zest of one lemon.
- It’s 3 of boneless & skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat or other whole grain Orzo.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen petite peas, thawed and patted dry.
- You need 2 oz of finely crumbled Goat cheese, at room temp..
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, such as basil and tarragon.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
And this Lemon Pepper Chicken with Orzo is the perfect example. For this skillet meal I combined chicken thighs seasoned with lemon pepper, orzo cooked in chicken broth, and a healthy dose of parsley and feta. How to make lemon chicken with orzo. How to cook orzo pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken instructions
- whisk together the yogurt, 2 teasoons of the oil, garlic,lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined..
- bring a pot of water to boil and preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium heat..
- rub the chicken thighs with remaining oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt..
- grill until nicely marked and cooked through, 10 to 12 min. per side..
- transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 min.
- add Orzo to boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, stirring the peas in the last min. of cooking..
- drain the Orzo and peas, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid..
- stir the Orzo and peas into the yogurt mixture, along with the goat cheese, 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs and at least 3/4 cup of cooking liquid until wel combined..
- transfer to a serving platter.
- thinly slich chicken and arrange on top of the Orzo, sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining fresh herbs and serve.
This lemon orzo salad also includes grilled chicken breasts, seasoned very simply with salt and pepper. After the chicken comes off the grill, it's shredded into bite-size pieces and folded into the lemony salad. Feel free to bulk up this salad with more grilled chicken for an even bigger protein. Filling, fresh, and vibrant lemony chicken soup made creamy with NO CREAM and a secret ingredient! I would like to propose an idea: This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle.