Peanut Satay Stir Fry. I love being proven wrong over good food. I can usually read a recipe and have a good sense for what it will taste like. And I must confess, when I first saw the relatively short ingredient list for the Satay Peanut Stir Fry Sauce for this recipe, I was a bit dubious – but also curious.
If you love whipping up a good simple stir fry for dinner then you have to try this Peanut Satay Stir Fry.the sauce is amazing and so easy to make! 😋. Add stir-fry vegetables and peas to skillet. This is the best peanut stir fry sauce I ever tasted. You can have Peanut Satay Stir Fry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut Satay Stir Fry
- You need 1 can (14 oz) of light coconut milk.
- It’s 1/3 c of peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 c of frozen broccoli, sweet pepper, and onion stir-fry vegetables.
- It’s 1/2 c of frozen peas.
- You need 4 c of cooked rice.
I like to double this recipe to make more sauce to pour over rice. I LOVE peanut sauce for stir fry and like to try out new ones often. Make this stir-fry after a long day at work with the help of BBC Good Food. Put the noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over them.
Peanut Satay Stir Fry instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, the 1/2 tsp salt, the ginger, and crushed red pepper. Set aside..
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with additional salt and pepper. Pour oil into a large skillet; heat over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from skillet..
- Add stir-fry vegetables and peas to skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through..
- Add coconut milk mixture to vegetables; return chicken to skillet. Cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon chicken mixture over hot cooked rice, using a slotted spoon if desired..
Combine above ingredients and stir until creamy. (It helps to soften the peanut butter in the microwave.). Add sauce to the stir-fry during the last minute of cooking, stirring to coat food evenly. Learn how to make Satay Chicken Stir-Fry with Snow Peas and Cilantro. Load it up with all your favorite vegetables. Well, this was excellent, but it's not ONLY a stir fry sauce.