Asian chicken kabobs. Meal Ideas You'll Love To Serve From Classico's Dinner Recipes. Drain chicken and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables with onions onto skewers.
Drain the chicken from the marinade. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place skewers on grill over medium heat. You can have Asian chicken kabobs using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian chicken kabobs
- It’s 14 of each bamboo skewers.
- It’s 2 lb of chicken, skinless boneless.
- You need 1 of each green onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- It’s 1 of each 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
Marinated cubes of chicken breast in a simple Asian inspired sauce that also doubles as a glaze. Melt-in-your-mouth bites of tender chicken, these Grilled Asian Chicken Kabobs are little skewers of flavor-packed heaven! The great thing about this Asian Chicken Kabobs Recipe is that the marinade works well for other types of meat as well. You could always leap for a different type of kabob altogether as well.
Asian chicken kabobs step by step
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour before use.
- Cut chicken into about 1 inch cubes.
- Chop/dice garlic and ginger.
- Hot sauce, if you have Korean gochujang it is the best, shiracha is good, whatever you like. Use what you like for your heat level..
- Chop green onion, the smaller the better.
- Put everything in a bowl except the onion (green onion goes in bowl, not bulb onion).
- Mix everything together, cover, refrigerate between 1 and 2 hours..
- Cut onions into about 1 inch pieces. I find cutting them in half at the equator, than each half in half, on the poles. Take each quarter slice it into thirds from pole to middle cut. This gives about the best working pieces..
- Skewer onion piece, chicken onion, chicken, etc., end with onion. I find a twisting motion through the onion piece keeps splitting to a minimum..
- Don't over crowd the skewer, try 5 onion pieces and 4 chicken, depending on the size of your skewers..
- Place on a medium grill. I have also used a cast iron stove top grill with very good results..
- Turn every 4-5 minutes, about 3 times. Should be cooked 12-15 minutes..
- Serve hot..
My Steak Bites Shish Kabob s are out of this world so be sure to check that out, if you're looking for a great steak marinade. Place skewers in a shallow baking dish and cover with marinade. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers; brush with canola oil.