Buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Sandwich. featured in Sandwiches You'll Love Packing For Lunch. Make the buttermilk marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Toss in the chicken thighs in the marinade to coat.
The chicken in this sandwich, from Alison Barakat of Bakesale Betty in Oakland, gets dredged once in buttermilk and twice in flour, which ensures a crisp coating. Crunchy, spicy jalapeño slaw tops this ultra-crisp fried chicken sandwich from Bakesale Betty in Oakland..sweet, buttery, and crisp fried chicken, southern fast food favorite flavor, then you have to try this southern style buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. Don't forget, soaking the chicken in buttermilk is essential! You can have Buttermilk fried chicken sandwich using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk fried chicken sandwich
- Prepare of . 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- You need .1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce optional.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce optional.
- You need of Coating.
- Prepare 2 cups of Flour.
- It’s of 🍔1 teaspoon Paprika.
- You need of 🍔1 teaspoon Garlic Powder.
- You need of 🍔1.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- Prepare of 🍔2 teaspoons Pepper.
- It’s of Egg_Wash.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of 🍔2 Tablespoons Water.
- It’s of 🍔2-4 cups Canola Oil.
- It’s of Creamy_Cabbage_Slaw.
- It’s 3 cups of Cabbage Purple and Green shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar.
- Prepare of 🌶️2 Tablespoons Sugar.
- It’s of 🌶️1 teaspoon Dry Mustard.
- Prepare of found_in_spice_section.
- Prepare of 🍔1/2 – 1 teaspoon Salt depending on taste.
- You need of 🍔4 Hamburger Buns.
- Prepare of 🍔Sweet and Hot Pickles.
Not only does it help flavor the chicken throughout, but it also helps it from drying out! McDonald's Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich is made with all white meat chicken and no added colors. It's layered with crisp, green leaf lettuce and tasty tomato and mayonnaise and served up on a delectable artisan roll. Try it with our World Famous Fries® and a McDonald's Soft Drink.
Buttermilk fried chicken sandwich step by step
- 🍔Place chicken in bag or shallow dish and cover with buttermilk, salt, pepper, and optional hot sauce. Marinate at least 1 hour. It's best to marinate it at least 2-4 hours, if time allows..
- 🍔In shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from buttermilk brine and coat with seasoned flour. In small dish, whisk eggs and water..
- 🍔Place coated chicken in egg mixture and coat both sides..
- 🍔Return to flour mixture to coat chicken for a 2nd time, ensuring that the chicken is completely coated in flour…..
- 🍔*Place a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat and add enough oil come up several inches on the sides…. Heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil registers 350 degrees F..
- 🍔Working in batches, carefully add the chicken pieces to the Dutch oven……
- 🍔The oil temperature will drop precipitously to about 250 degrees F as you slip in the chicken. Adjust the heat as needed to keep the temperature right around 250 degrees F…..
- 🍔 The oil should be bubbling gently around all of the chicken. Fry the chicken until it is a deep golden brown, about 7-10 minutes. The time can flucuate depending on oil temperature…..
- 🍔 Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined platter..
- 🍔To make creamy coleslaw: In medium bowl, combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, dry mustard and salt..
- 🍔If you would like to toast the hamburger buns, spread butter on each side of bun. Broil for a few minutes in oven until toasted..
- 🍔To assemble sandwich: Take buttered buns and top with fried chicken,#HAPPY_COW_CHEESE SLICE, creamy coleslaw/ fry onion rings, and pickles of your choice. Eat right away as the chicken is best crispy And #happy_cow_chees_Pour #some_melted_cheese_on top…
I must admit, the fried chicken sandwich craze is very widespread these days, but I love mine for its spicy heat and extra crispy texture. Pour buttermilk mixture over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. This buttermilk fried chicken is just so crispy and tasty. We soaked it in water and vinegar for a few hours which sounds really gross (and looked it to be honest) but you neeeeed to do it because it makes the chicken insanely tender and juicy which is the perfect contrast to the crispy coating. This is the best fried chicken sandwich recipe that will have you always wanting to make it homemade because it's incredibly easy.