Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤. Tom Kha Gai Tom (to boil) kha (galangal) Gai (chicken). It's a dish of chicken or other type of meat simmered in a light coconut broth with a generous. Authentic Tom Kha Gai – a simple delicious recipe for one of Thailand's most popular soups!
The literal translation is "boiled galangal chicken" but can be broken down as: TOM means SOUP or BOILED/COOKED, KHA means galangal root and GAI means chicken. Galangal is part of the ginger. This classic Thai Tom Kha Gai recipe (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and totally cozy, creamy and delicious! You can cook Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤 using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤
- It’s 16 oz of chicken stock(homemade preferably).
- You need 150 ml of thai coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken breast (any parts are great).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced galangal rinds.
- Prepare 1 of fresh lemongrass (only the bottom part).
- It’s 5 of kafir lime leaves (fresh or dried).
- Prepare 2 cups of oyster mushroom.
- It’s 1 of medium size tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of any summer squash.
- Prepare 12 of cilantro.
- You need 2 sprig of Thai basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1 of lime juice.
- It’s 2 of dried chilies (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Fish sauce.
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai). Tom Ka Gai can be served as an appetizer or as the star player; add noodles if you plan to serve it as an entree. This simple Thai chicken soup has that distinctive Thai flavor-a balance of spicy, salty, sweet, and sour. You will especially welcome this soup's warmth during the winter.
Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤 instructions
- In a sauce pan, heat up chicken stock and coconut milk. Add galangal, mashed lemongrass, kafir lime leaves, dried chilies to infuse for about 10~15 minutes. Add water if the soup stock evaporate too much..
- If you are using any parts of chicken that's not the breast. Please add it in the very beginning to cook with all other herbs..
- Once you smell great aroma from the stock and see the coconut milk begins to separate (a great sigh to tell the quality of the coconut milk). Add sliced tomato, summer squash and mushroom. Cook for about 3 minutes until soft..
- Season with palm sugar and fish sauce. Taste as you adjust the seasoning..
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice. Serve in a big nice bowl and top with finishing herbs, cilantro and thai Basil. Enjoy with a bowl of sprouted brown rice..
I'm a huge fan of coconut, chicken soup, and creamy soups in general, so it's a winner for me. This tom kha soup is a spicy hot coconut soup. It typically includes key ingredients like coconut milk, limes, ginger, chili peppers, lemongrass, chicken Some of the healthy and delicious ingredients used in this tom kha gai recipe worthy of highlighting: Coconut milk: A Thai coconut soup like this one. Serve Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) with: For a wholesome Thai dinner, make the following dishes. Tom Kha Soup – the EASIEST recipe for Tom Kha Gai or Thai coconut chicken soup with chicken, mushroom and coconut milk, and even better than restauarants.