Creamy Chicken and Corn Stew with Broccoli. How to Make Creamy Broccoli with Cheese. Preheat a skillet with oil, brown chicken until its golden. Cut broccoli into equal-sized pieces, add them to the chicken.
Cook until brocoli is crisp tender. Add the cooked chicken and broccoli florets and stir to combine. Spread mixture into prepared casserole dish. You can cook Creamy Chicken and Corn Stew with Broccoli using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Corn Stew with Broccoli
- It’s of canola oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of Onion, chopped.
- It’s of chicken breast fillets, cubed.
- It’s of (400 grams) sweet corn kernels, water reserved.
- You need of broccoli, florets separated, stem trimmed and chopped.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of milk (you can use evaporated or fresh milk. feel free to use what you prefer).
- It’s of salt and ground white pepper to taste.
Place in a Dutch oven and add enough water to cover. Melt butter and add chicken, cook till done. Remove chicken from pan. add broth, broccoli, red pepper, garlic& pepper. Stir in cream cheese till melted.
Creamy Chicken and Corn Stew with Broccoli step by step
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, heat oil and melt butter. Add onions and saute until translucent. Cooking in batches, add a handful of chicken cubes to the pot and stir fry until cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken..
- Add corn and broccoli, an cook until just heated through. Sprinkle in flour and stir to mix. Stirring, pour in milk and half of corn water. Continue to stir until thickened. Season with salt and ground white pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!.
In a Dutch oven, cook and stir the chicken, salt, pepper and paprika in oil until the chicken juices run clear, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. A yummy, creamy chicken casserole which can turn into an elegant dish when the chicken breasts are left whole. For a variation, use boneless chicken breasts, but do not dice them.