Stewed chicken with rice and veggies. Join me in the kitchen as I prepare Stewed Chicken & Veggie Lo Mein for Sunday dinner! Enjoy with rice, pasta, or a salad. While Merlene is currently a DaVita renal dietitian from Michigan, she was born in Louisiana.
Then lay down all veggies and chicken. This fast,easy stew can be made two VERY different ways! One way is a more traditional,comforting stew. You can cook Stewed chicken with rice and veggies using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed chicken with rice and veggies
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of large onion.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 1/2 kg of cabbage.
- Prepare 3/4 kg of rice.
The other is what my friend calls "Cambodian" Remove chicken, dice, and set aside in a bowl. Add rice to broth and veggie mixture. Quick Cooking Brown Rice: Once the chicken is no longer pink, I added in chicken broth and quick cooking brown rice. I used to use quick brown rice all the I added in a ton of veggies: snap peas, sweet peas and asparagus.
Stewed chicken with rice and veggies instructions
- Boil the chicken until soft.. Then deep fry the chicken until brown..add 2 Table spoons of cooking oil add onions and a pinch of salt and cook until golden brown add tomatoes and the chicken and stir to cook.
- Add 2 Table spoons of cooking oil add the onions cook until golden brown add the chopped cabbage and add a pinch of salt and stir to cook.
- Add four cups of water in a sufuria, add a pinch of salt and 2 Table spoons of cooking oil and boil the water… Then add the rice and cook.
- Serve hot.
You can used fresh shelled peas or frozen and thawed. Stewed chicken – Caribbean style served with rice and vegetables. What makes this Vegetarian Stew Recipe healthy? Juicy spice crusted chicken stew served with low carb golden cauliflower rice. All of the veggies are perfect for a low carb.