Giouvetsi with chicken. Prepare to be amazed with this easy chicken recipe with orzo pasta! Who doesn't love a nicely cooked Greek giouvetsi! The chicken giouvetsi was pretty easy to make and the hardest part was quartering the whole chicken though you could easily just use chicken legs and or breasts to save some time.
Season skin with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a medium-to-large baking pan, preferably glass or clay, and spread orzo. See recipes for Chicken Giouvetsi too. You can cook Giouvetsi with chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Giouvetsi with chicken
- It’s 3 of chicken breast fillets.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of orzo.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of chicken flavored Bouillon Cube.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need 1 of cup of warm water.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of grated kefalotiri (hard cheese, parmesan type).
Giouvetsi or Youvetsi (pronounced [ʝuˈvetsi]; from Turkish güveç) is a baked Greek dish made with chicken, lamb or beef and pasta, either kritharaki (orzo) or hilopites (small square noodles), and tomato sauce (usually spiced with allspice and sometimes cinnamon, cloves or bay leaves). Season skin with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a medium-to-large baking pan, preferably glass or clay, and spread orzo evenly. Photo "Giouvetsi – Greek beef and orzo stew" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.
Giouvetsi with chicken step by step
- Cut the chicken fillets in small pieces and together with the chopped onion, brown them in a little olive oil..
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in the warm water. Grate the tomatoes..
- Once the chicken fillets are browned, place them in an oven proof dish, preferrably a ceramic covered one. Add the orzo, grated tomato, bouillon stock, some olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Bake in the oven (200 degrees C) for 45 mins, till the pasta is almost ready..
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta, and continue baking, without a lid, for 10 more minutes, allowing the cheese to melt..
A traditional Greek Giouvetsi (youvetsi) recipe made with orzo pasta, beef and a Giouvetsi – A Family Feast®. Giouvetsi (or Youvetsi) is a delicious and easy baked Greek pasta dish made with. Organic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Herbs. Simply Homecooked – Baked Lemon Chicken. #akiskitchen. Видео Greek beef and orzo stew-Giouvetsi Akis Kitchen канала Akis Kitchen. Показать.