Lemon and Garlic Chicken With Spiced Spinach. Stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon and deglazing. HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium.
This juicy lemon garlic chicken is far cry from your average chicken dinner. Serve chicken with spinach and snap peas, garnished with roasted lemon and garlic. Tender Chicken nestled in a creamy garlicky, lemon and thyme sauce with spinach. You can cook Lemon and Garlic Chicken With Spiced Spinach using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon and Garlic Chicken With Spiced Spinach
- You need 4 of thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced or pureed.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grapeseed, sunflower or canola oil.
- It’s of Spinach Side (optional).
- It’s 1 bunch of spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds or cumin seeds, lightly toasted and ground.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 of allspice berries, lightly toasted and ground.
- Prepare 2 of 6-ounce bags baby spinach.
Chicken breasts are seasoned with lemon pepper and paprika, seared until golden and nestled in a creamy It was just what I needed to lift my melancholy mood. Transfer the cooked spinach to a colander. Press on it with the back of a large serving spoon to extract as much liquid as you can. But it truly goes with so many main dishes, and it goes just as well with chicken.
Lemon and Garlic Chicken With Spiced Spinach instructions
- Stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken breasts (lightly beat with meat tenderizer if desired) to the bowl. Stir together and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes to marinate chicken..
- Combine ground allspice, coriander or cumin, and cinnamon in a small bowl or ramekin and set aside..
- Season pounded/marinated chicken breasts with salt and pepper on one side only. Dredge lightly in the flour (you won't use all of it)..
- Turn oven on low. Heat a wide, heavy skillet over high heat and add the oil. When oil is hot, place one or two pieces of chicken in the pan, however many will fit without crowding the pan. Cook for approx 2 minutes, until bottom is browned in spots. Turn over and brown on other side, about 2 minutes. (Do not overcook or chicken will be dry.) Transfer to a platter or sheet pan and keep warm in the oven. If there is more than a tablespoon of fat in the pan, pour some (but not all) of it off into a jar or bowl..
- Turn burner heat down to medium. Add ground spices to the pan and when they begin to sizzle add spinach and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon and deglazing the bottom of the pan with the liquid that comes off the spinach, until spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a platter or to plates and serve with the chicken..
Sautéed Spinach and Garlic with Lemon is bright and savory with lemon and garlic flavors- the perfect side to almost any meal. This would be excellent mixed into cooked rice, or served with simple grilled chicken. And it couldn't be easier to make. First, sauté some minced garlic in a nonstick or. Just made this Lemony Chicken and Spinach soup and it was pretty good on a cold day here in Wisconsin.