Chicken korma. Chicken korma recipe with video and step by step photos – Korma is a delicious gravy usually made with onions, spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, vegetables or meat. It is rich, creamy, full of spices and flavor, and just begs to be soaked up by. Korma or qorma is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or glaze.
This Chicken Korma recipe is well flavored and balanced, but it is less of a punch of flavor than my favorite Indian recipe, Butter Chicken. How do you make a chicken korma? chicken korma restaurant style – All Recipes Hub : It is a classic, creamy and very tempting chicken gravy that the chicken is cooked. You can have Chicken korma using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken korma
- You need 1/2 Kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of ghee.
- You need 8-10 of Cardamoms.
- Prepare 6-7 of Cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chilli.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 2 of onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need of Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water) for garnishing coriander leaves, chopped.
Chicken korma is the flagship of Indian korma curry that tastes heavenly. This recipe shows you how to cook authentic chicken How to cook chicken korma. Chicken korma is slightly seared before simmered with the sauce, which gives it more character. And to top it off, korma sauce is richer, thanks to the blended nuts and added yogurt.
Chicken korma instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee..
- Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly..
- Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring it..
- Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chilli powder..
- Add salt to taste..
- Add ginger paste, mixture of fried onions and yogurt, let it cook for a minute..
- Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor..
- If the gravy is too thick add little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken..
- Cover it and give it some time to cook on slow heat. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes..
- Keep stirring occasionally..
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves..
My chicken korma recipe is derived from classic ingredients and spices from India, with chicken marinated in a homemade korma paste and yogurt, then cooked quickly and simmered with cream. Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Recipe. This Chicken Korma is a delicious Indian dish made with mildly spiced chicken that's been marinated in a homemade korma paste. It's so easy to make, luscious and creamy. Chicken Korma. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.