Yakitori (chicken on skewer). Chicken yakitori recipe is an easy Japanese grilled dish served on skewers. These chicken skewers are a classic food served at izakaya, Japanese-tapas style pubs, where frosty beer, tasty bites, and jolly chatters are all part of the deal. They are also the kind of iconic food you can find at specialty restaurants that serve nothing else but Yakitori.
Great for entertaining a big crowd as it is a kind of finger food. It is so tasty and easy to eat that you will not realise how many skewers you eat! Yakitori (焼き鳥) is probably one of the most popular dishes. You can cook Yakitori (chicken on skewer) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yakitori (chicken on skewer)
- Prepare Pound of boneless chicken thigh.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of each soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake.
- You need 1-2 of Japanese negi (green onion) or leek.
This video will show you how to grill Yakitori (skewered chicken) with gas Yakitori grill! Of course you can use your BBQ grill! On the weekend, there was a. Love Yakitori and we love skewers making this the perfect recipe to try at our house.
Yakitori (chicken on skewer) instructions
- Cut chicken into a bite size. Marinate in soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake (mixed well) for over 1 hour. (preferably over night).
- Cut negi in a bite size..
- Cook marinated chicken and raw negi in a medium pan. Start with medium heat and lower heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Negi is ready when chicken is cooked.).
- Skewer cooked chicken and negi alternately..
- If you like tare (sauce) to eat with, you can save marinated juice and heat in a small pan until thickened. Spread over skewered chicken and negi or sauce can be served as a dip..
- For someone who likes it hot, Shichimi (Japanese seven-flavor chili pepper) is commonly used. Sprinkle over when you eat..
Like Pneuma used chicken breasts and found it a delicious version of Yakitori. Not having mirin on hand I used a white wine which worked for me – will be sure to have it next time around. Yakitori (�Ă���) are grilled chicken skewers made from bite sized pieces of meat from all different parts of the chicken, such as the breasts, thighs, skin, liver and other innards. Usually made to order and cooked over charcoal, yakitori is a popular, inexpensive dish commonly enjoyed together with a. Japanese-style grilled chicken is as foolproof as it is delicious. [Photographs: J.