Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style). Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) This can be cooked using oven or charcoal grill. Marinate the chicken: In a bowl, stir together the sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, and ginger.
Heat a char-grill over a medium heat. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium heat until hot. We grilled these chicken skewers over a traditional Vietnamese charcoal box, but you can easily do this on any grill or on the stove. You can cook Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style)
- Prepare 600 gr of chicken breast.
- It’s of For Marinade:.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass.
- Prepare 3 of spring onion (white part).
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
- You need 6 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare of For spread:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
The combination of charcoal heat and smoke caramelizes the sugar in the marinade and just brings this bbq to another level. This recipe is made with chicken but you can substitute with any protein that you want. Or you can cook the chicken in a large sauté pan (without. In this version of a Vietnamese dish, individual piles of cucumber, fresh herbs, and grilled chicken are arranged on a platter of vermicelli and bean sprouts.
Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) step by step
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, and place it in a bowl..
- Using a food processor, process all the marinade seasoning until smooth, and then pour it to the chicken. Let it marinade for 30 minutes..
- Mix 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Stick the meat cubes with the bamboo skewers, probably about 4-5 cubes per skewers..
- Brush a non stick skillet with a little bit of oil, and then heat it..
- If the skillet is already hot enough, place the chicken skewers in to the pan, after 3-4 minutes brush the chicken skewers with the mixture of honey and hoisin sauce on each side until they are cooked through and has nice golden brown on them.
- Chicken skewers is ready to be served.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: Chttps://youtu.be/eMfXoIMcPn4.
Tangy nuoc cham sauce is poured over all. Watch as Bobby Flay grills old school chicken skewers. He gives tips on how to keep skewers from burning and cooking chicken evenly without plumping up. Follow these simple steps to grill citrus. If 'teri' means 'shine,' and 'yaki' refers to grilling, then these chicken skewers are the poster children for teriyaki.