5-Ingredient Cheesesteak & Avocado quesadilla. This easy, flavorful cheesesteak all comes together thanks to Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged White Cheddar Slices! With five ingredients and a lower calorie spin, it's perfect for preparing your weekly protein source and getting creative with. I've included ideas like cheesesteak fries, the obvious sandwich.
Philly cheesesteaks are iconic—and for good reason. This is our version of the sandwich, and it satisfies our craving every time. When it comes to a Philly cheesesteak, there are only four ingredients you need to worry about – thinly sliced rib eye cheese (either. You can have 5-Ingredient Cheesesteak & Avocado quesadilla using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 5-Ingredient Cheesesteak & Avocado quesadilla
- Prepare 1 (62 g) of Low-carb whole grain tortilla.
- It’s 100 g of lean flank steak or chicken breasts.
- You need 70 g of avocado.
- Prepare 150 g of bell pepper (sliced, i used green/yellow/red).
- Prepare 30-40 g of cheddar(grated).
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- You need of Lime juice.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 15 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 g of butter.
I did toast the hoagies in the oven for about five minutes before assembling – held together better. Pile steak, onion, peppers, cheese, ketchup and mustard into rolls to make these American-style Philly cheesesteaks. A cheesesteak (also known as a Philadelphia cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, cheesesteak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak and cheese) is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll. Prepare all the ingredients for the Philly Cheesesteak.
5-Ingredient Cheesesteak & Avocado quesadilla instructions
- Set a nonstick skillet to high heat. Once hot add olive oil and bell peppers. Sear and cook until the outside is charred and the bell peppers are crisp-tender, around 4-6 minutes. As they cook, squeeze in some lime juice to caramelize and soften them..
- Toss in thinly cut flank steak(or chicken breasts whichever you used) and continue cooking together in the skillet. As they cook sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until your desired readiness..
- To a low-carb tortilla, spread half of avocado(70g) on half of the tortilla. Add cheese and the steak mixture. Fold the quesadilla in half..
- Set a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and once hot add butter then toss in the quesadilla. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to melt the cheese and toast the outside of the tortilla..
- Enjoy the quesadilla with some salsa or low-calorie BBQ sauce.
The key is to slice beef into very thin slices. Cut bell peppers into long strips, onion into half rings and mushrooms into bitesize pieces. The second day after I came home, I made these cheesesteaks. Curtis likes to mix up Provolone and Muenster. Philly cheesesteaks served as the inspiration for this twist on a platter of nachos, with thinly sliced steak Ingredients.