Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza. BBQ Chicken Flatbread PizzaGirl Heart Food. This recipe for BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas is perfect for a weeknight meal or perfect for your next get together. Prep the chicken and cut into cutlets.
A topping of spicy barbeque sauce, diced chicken, cilantro, peppers, and onion all covered with cheese, and baked to bubbly goodness! I've made BBQ chicken pizza before and it is much easier to gauge how much you put in it by eye. When I made this bbq chicken flatbread pizza I had a moment where I thought 'where have you been all my life'? You can have Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- You need of oil.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 6 of pita or small, round Middle Eastern flatbreads.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare bag of shredded mozarella (You won't need all of it.).
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, peeled and cut into very thin strips, vertically.
- Prepare of roughly 20 stems cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.).
Food kinda does that to me The recipe yields two flatbread pizzas. If your flatbread is larger or smaller, you may have to adjust your. I don't see any sauce to put on the flatbread before the chicken mixture. Wouldn't the pizza be too dry?
Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large pan to high, add chicken to the pan in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes on one side. Then add salt and onion powder, redistribute chicken, ensuring that the uncooked side of each piece is touching the cooking surface, then cook another 4 or 5 minutes until all chicken is opaque and cooked through..
- Add 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce and mix to incorporate. Turn off heat, let chicken cool, and preheat oven to 435F..
- Toss chopped cilantro and red onions with oil. (About 1 Tablespoon per each.) This will give your cilantro and red onions more of a roasted flavor than if you didn't toss them in oil..
- Lightly brush each pita/flatbread with oil and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan..
- Spread 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pita/flatbread evenly..
- Top with mozzarella..
- Followed by the chicken divided in 6 equal portions. (I know there are only 5 here, but the Hubs had eaten one for breakfast. :P).
- Then top with onions. (As you can see, I LOVE onions. :D).
- Then cilantro. (As you can see, I also LOVE cilantro.).
- Then an optional additional sprinkling of mozzarella to hold the toppings in place once the cheese melts..
- Bake for 15 minutes, switching racks halfway to make sure each pan gets the same type and intensity of heat exposure. That's it! Enjoy. :).
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza smothered in easy tangy peanut sauce, tender chicken, carrots, sprouts, mozzarella cheese and the option of Coconut Crema drizzle – an amazing flavor bursting quick dinner the whole family will love! One of my favorite teenage hangouts – light years ago. Sweet BBQ sauce, chopped chicken, red onions, a dash of cilantro, and tons of cheese. Though store-bought crust is convenient, I suggest using homemade pizza dough for the BEST flavor. I first tried these BBQ Chicken Pitas with Jicama Apple Slaw during a visit to Fitness Ridge Resort in Southern Utah.